Mischief, the land of the Macaroni Quest overlords..

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MischiefMan, May 28, 2021.

1. MischiefMan New Member

Came back to the game to try out Mischief and play EQ again.. But not even 48 hours after launch the amount of people I've seen running around 10x selos speed, running around while rooted, instant zoning(watched them appear then poof and then in the next zone over), and just straight warping is pretty disturbing and a huge turn off. I've reported every occasion only to get a generic response in return, while all of the people are still running around. It's unfortunate that this is what it's come too. Oh well, is what it is I guess.
  2. code-zero Augur

What you're describing is The Other Thing
  3. Hythos Augur

I've always wondered how the warping can even be done.
    Additionally, Lavastorm has multiple 6-box groups with identical composition running autonomously (same thing they did on Agnar).
  4. CyryllisFenninRo Lorekeeper

Sadly I watched warping of a group of mages yesterday. Very disheartening
  5. MischiefMan New Member

Yeah, I bought the bags before server launched.. Won't be getting anymore of my money until this changes, even though there is a fat chance of that.. lol
  6. Kahna Augur

Meh, these annoyances are part of early EQ TLP life. They will die down faster here than on other servers because the expansions will move quickly and they'll be gone by the next TLP launch. Report them, and ignore them. Other than being mildy irritating to look at they have little impact on your day to day experience for the most part. No more than any annoying group that wanted your spot might have.
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Foaming, Fallfyres, Skuz and 2 others like this.
  8. Pictarous Augur

Also: If you can record this stuff, please do that as well. It helps whoever ends up making a decision. They have a very hard time verifying this stuff.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Bardy McFly Augur

As someone that only boxes legitimately, it disheartens me to read about those that still try to take advantage of active hacks. It gives legitimate boxers a bad stigma.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Zinth Augur

Qimble likes this.
  11. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Obvious is a loose term when they are worried about banning their paying customers even if it's krono users. They also don't ban them mostly a 7 day suspension but it doesn't really deter that type of behavior.
  12. Bardy McFly Augur

They can't be in every zone all the time. That's unrealistic for them to "go look" for cheaters. No game has employees dedicated to do that. Just report infractions and let DPG investigate it.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Fred_Bear Lorekeeper

Person: Daybreak, DO SOMETHING!
    DB: Petition and maybe take a video so we can catch them.
    Person: No, not ME, I can't be bothered, YOU do it.... post people in every zone and watch them!
    DB: ........
    Person: DAYBREAK DOESN'T CARE!!!!
    DB: /em Eyeroll
    Karreck, Skuz and Bardy McFly like this.
  14. Nickatropolis Augur

I have only been on two days and a handful of zones but have not seen this....?
  15. Bardy McFly Augur

It's never as rampant as people make it out to be. It usually just a few people in a few specific zones. Actual cheating is so far and few between. Also, some people see a box crew and instantly think it is cheating.
    Lejaun likes this.
  16. Machen New Member

This. Even a guy 12 boxing is not in and itself proof that any rules are being broken. It is possible.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  17. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Don't forget the people who don't understand /pick to jump zones or how bard songs work.
  18. Abrhum Journeyman

Haha. For some reason the "annoying to look at" part made me laugh. It's so damn true though. I hate looking at it.
  19. Rhythar Augur

The GMs tend to not do anything even if you provide them very obvious incriminating footage.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

How many Players are on the server?

Well since it caps at around 4k (when a Queue starts) somewhere between 2k & 4k at peak hours is probably what you are looking at.

How many GM are there? 2 as far as I am aware

You can see why they need the help of the community right here, not everyone who speeds on the freeway/motorway is going to get caught and given a speeding ticket because there are only so many traffic cops and the same principle applies here.

Record the cheaters on video/streaming, send in logs about the cheaters, and if enough players do that you help the GM keep the a-holes in check.

If you haven't got time for that its cool, but you aren't helping the situation you are complaining about either, you can write a petition with enough detail in around the same time you could write a forum post moaning about the exact same crap.

Even if you are just giving a written description of their behaviour and your petition has enough info it will help the GM track down the cheaters & get them sorted out.

But if all the players think it's only the GM who should be dealing with the cheats, well, you best lower your expectations.