Is it true that Halflings finally lost their 5% exp bonus?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by SleezerGeezer, May 28, 2021.

1. SleezerGeezer Elder

Inquiring minds need to know.
  2. code-zero Augur

3. SleezerGeezer Elder

When?
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

5. Arclyte Augur

halflings should get an xp penalty, and rivervale should be razed to the ground
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Fighting words.
    Wyre Wintermute and Bardy McFly like this.
  7. SleezerGeezer Elder

Well, if Halflings lost their sacred exp bonus, they should at least get a proper graphic for their feet when wearing leather or chain.
  8. Loze Elder

If you got rid of them all, what would the Iksar eat? Think of the Iksar, man!
  9. Brontus EQ Player Activist

How were halflings compensated when the lost this innate racial ability? This is a serious question.
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

They didn't take 5% of their total experience off the top, so consider yourself lucky.

Halflings only had a bonus due to a MISTAKE that they never fixed. Humans were supposed to get the 5% bonus.
    code-zero, Skuz and Brontus like this.
  11. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Interesting, I never knew this. Thanks for the info!
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Fighting halflings is one of the best feelings in the world.
    Only seeing your lawn covered in Gnome heads on pikes beats it for satisfaction.
    yepmetoo likes this.
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

Why were humans supposed to get a bonus? To make up for being completely blind indoors or at night?
    Zynt likes this.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

It was to be their only racial bonus - instead they got nothing.

Halflings already had Infravision, Sneak (50 cap), Hide (50 cap), +5 Poison/Disease Resist before they got stole the 5% XP bonus

Thieving hobbitses!
    code-zero and Tweakfour17 like this.
  15. code-zero Augur

Originally all the races were to get some sort of bonuses and penalties with Halflings accidentally getting the Human 5% XP bonus. It'd have been a lot funnier if something like Gnomes getting the frontal melee stun immunity had happened instead.
  16. Zynt Augur

I never would have made it out of SFG and into QH if some kind stranger hadn't seen me bumping into tunnel walls for an hour and given me a fire beetle eye.
    lollanna and Tweakfour17 like this.