New Command Suggestion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Froglok, May 28, 2021.

1. Froglok Augur

We have %t to include a Targets name in a comment.

We have %s to include a Targets sex in a comment.

We have %r to include a Targets race in a comment.

How about %z for include the name of the Zone you are in, in a comment?

Example:

"Where are you at?"

"I am in %z." (Which appears in chat as "I am in Plane of Knowledge." -- if that's where you are.)
  2. Kase Augur

6 of 1 or half dozen of the other... "I am in POK" is just as fast imo. But I'm not knocking idea just...
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. Froglok Augur

Why post then?

How about this, PoK is common... but what if you are in Crystal Caverns... most people read CC as Camp Check. Or what if you are in Dreadspire? Most people read DS as Damage Shield. And many zones do not have a "common" 2-3 letter designation. See where I am going with this?
  4. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Normally, when conversations start with where you are people will be able to process initials for zones. Hell, just randomly saying, "I am in CC" would clue the general public into where you are.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

What kind of morons are you grouping with, when you respond to a question, "where are you" with DS, assume you are in damage shield? That's not even a zone. You should avoid those people. Don't let them know where you are.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Tour like this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You can see where players are now with /who all Mrmonkey.

Unless the player is running anon which many do in a confused idea that it makes them look cool. After all no one bugs clerics or chanters for buffs like they used to. Which was why most players went anon. So no need for it unless you don't want it known what zone you are in....didn't see that one coming did ya:D
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

The part you missed is... you can set up a social with "I am in %z", and then it works no matter where you are. 1 keystroke <<<<< 6 or half a dozen ;)
    Froglok likes this.
  8. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

You just shaved a second off your daily interaction total.
  9. Kase Augur

Hey Joe... Where are you? ---- I'm in DS--- Oh ok Joe, I'm on my way to Damage Shield. Be right there
    Froglok likes this.
  10. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Even if the original suggested use for this isn't that useful, I think it would be a good addition. I mean how is the sex or race of a target important enough to have these for, but the zone name is not? It's likely they put these in to use for NPC texts and we just got the benefit of being able to use them too.

Not worth spending a lot of time on, but it could be useful if the option to use it was there.
    Froglok likes this.
  11. Angahran Augur

Now, if you want something useful, how about something to give the % health of a target and/or yourself ?

/t healer I'm a %x health! HEAL ME!!!

/rs the target is at %y. FULL BURN NOW!!!!
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I can shave more than that off, by not reading your grouchy posts ;)
    Froglok likes this.
  13. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I am not grouchy.

[IMG]
    Tatanka likes this.