Out of era loot is dropping on Thornblade.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by WokeCat, May 26, 2021.

1. Captain Video Augur

I hear the voice of my group leader in my headset as my tank approaches the Developer Death Star:

"Stay on topic... Stay on topic..."
  2. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

it would be crazy is there was some random trash loot that sold back to a vendor for almost 100pp. :rolleyes:
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

The problem is someone who knows its out of era will sell it for big krono, then that person will sell it etc until someone who had no idea it was out of era has paid krono for it and then you remove it. Just a CS nightmare. Easier for them to just leave the once off mistakes in, they won't be OP for long anyways.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  4. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

If anyone can have them, then everyone should be able to.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  5. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Which leaves only the ones that hadn't been sold yet to be exceedingly rare, and fetch a very nice price. Seller happy, buyer got 'that thing' so mostly happy. Less CS issues, DB wins.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  6. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

There is mass genocide in progress against DE leveling.... plus 3 level tokens should be the compensation ^^
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

Yup and everyone that "missed out" can rest easy knowing in a couple weeks its moot anyways.
    Wyre Wintermute and MasterMagnus like this.
  8. Kodachi Augur

I mean, theres still all sorts of out of era stuff dropping but its not equippable loot so I assume it will just get ignored... at least it has a decent vendor value.
  9. Herf Augur

We lost Porkins!
    jeskola likes this.
  10. Riou EQResource

Almost 200 ;)
  11. NoMoreTLPs Journeyman

Its definitely game breaking when people automate it to run and do the quest for them infinitely...
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

What? Are you high? How is that "the best 2hander you can get in classic"? It is barely better than a combine 2her you buy off the gypsies. BIBS from original runnyeye is better by far.

If this is the kind of stuff dropping out of era, who cares? It is equivalent to already existing items.
  13. Hythos Augur

hehe 30 minute wait on the boats?! That's the real EQ experience!
    Waiting 15+ minutes for a shuttle to arrive, that's the real SWG experience as well!
    Herf likes this.
  14. Zinth Augur

if you remove the chance for them to drop then remove the items too... fair for all... or keep them in and keep dropping and call it "mischief"
  15. Yteran Lorekeeper

So, TBD on removing the items from players; macaroniquest being abused by the top guilds. It's starting to sound like there's some favoritism going on here between the game owners and RMTers.
  16. Tweakfour17 Augur

I get an out of era drop.
    I sell it to Zinth for 5kr.
    Zinth sells it to Yteran (who has no clue its out of era) for 7kr + a pair of GEBs.
    DBG removes it from Yteran.
    Fair is fair right? Or are they supposed to back track every single transaction for Krono, Plat and Items to trace it back to its origin and refund all that?
    Skuz likes this.