Wizard or Rogue for 1st character?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Flavius22, May 26, 2021.

1. Flavius22 Lorekeeper

As the title states. I'm leaning wizard but am worried about spells availability later on.
  2. SleezerGeezer Elder

Do not play a Rogue. Plat a Wizard or Magician.
  3. MMOer Augur

Of the two.. Wizard first. Not as gear dependent. Can port for plat. Twink the rogue later.
  4. Flavius22 Lorekeeper

Thank You guys.
  5. SleezerGeezer Elder

And be sure to make your Wizard a Gnome!
    Doranur_Aleguzzler likes this.
  6. Warbanzi New Member

Rogue all they way....port for plat loool I will just pick pocket your mobs dry and fade away into the shadows.
  7. Haze Journeyman

This is the way. Sadly, players literally have total baby rage meltdowns over it and petition it. What's worse is that the GMs side with the petitioners. Rogues can't even RP and pickpocket for cash.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

Why not?

I haven't thought about this for a long time, but didn't they add pickpocket loot separate from the group loot?
  9. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Play either. Wizard, as said before, is far less dependent on gear, but wholly dependent on access to spells scrolls. I've only dabbled with rogue, so I won't try to sell it to you. but wizard I have played a lot. Just don't get addicted to the port for plat scheme, it falls off in a massive way when PoP is released.
  10. Aiona Augur

As far as I know, currently, No Drop and Magic items are non-pickable.

However, quoting Prathun from 2015:
    "Pickpocket does not use a separate loot table. The cash and items you pick from an NPC are the cash and items it would drop if you looted it."

Source: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...cket-seperate-loot-table.226492/#post-3323549

It seems there is no longer any "proof," if there ever was, that separate loot tables ever existed as a working mechanic in-game.

I'm playing a rogue this time around though on Mischief. I can run some tests if anyone wants :)
  11. Zanarnar Augur

ya how dare those other players want a split of the coin. The nerve of some people...
  12. WokeCat Augur

I mean it’s completely legal to KS someone and take their loot, but heaven forbid you pick pocket a mob. flawed skill. Should have it’s own separate loot table.
    Haze likes this.
  13. Zanarnar Augur

oh, i 100% agree here. its really dumb the coin at least isn't separate.