Random loot rules

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Elite_raider, May 26, 2021.

1. Elite_raider Augur

Anyone figured them out yet on Mischief or Thornblade?
  2. TheGoblin Elder

Quest items and keys are random. Saw a Ring of Ancients in SolA and Unrest keys on another zone.
    Vetis likes this.
  3. Brontus EQ Player Activist

So Unrest keys won't be dropping in Unrest? Ouch!
  4. Elite_raider Augur

What about regular named loot, is it totally random or regular loot + random item on a named?
  5. Elabone Augur

It's just random. I was able to kill Pyzjin several times and she always dropped items from other nameds between 12 and 15. That's just my experience.
  6. CyryllisFenninRo Lorekeeper

I wonder if this means epic drops will be on random mobs as well
  7. KimchiGoddess Augur

Oh you know this is a thing. But it's only random loot for the current era, not forever.
  8. CyryllisFenninRo Lorekeeper

Where does it say random loot will change? All I saw was that shared loot tables are expansion specific (i.e. you won't get kunark loot off velious mobs)
    Fallfyres likes this.
  9. KimchiGoddess Augur

Okay that was my bad, misunderstanding what they meant. For some reason my brain translated "within the same expansion" to actually meaning "the expansion you are currently in will drop random loot from that expansion".

What they actually mean is that every expansion will have its loot dropping every which way within itself.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

We are all guessing, but conventional wisdom is that these mobs will still drop the epic items and no other mobs will. There's a difference between "rare" and "named" in the code. Most epic part droppers are named but not rare.
  11. Hythos Augur

From what I have seen, it swaps the whole loot-table.

We picked off Rahotep (L16) in NRo and looted what would otherwise be on the Thaumaturgist (L18) from Befallen.
    Blackened Wand
    Thaumaturgist's Robe
    Dagger of Marnek
    Bronze Spear

Update:
    Picked off Rahotep again...
    Looted:
    T-robe & Dagger of Marnek (again)
    Hollwed Iron Mask

Next kill:
    Thunderhoof quiver
    Permafrost crystals