A Thread About Launch Day Queues

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sakuraba, May 26, 2021.

1. Xerzist Augur

Well, to be fair - I don't see many games hosting 5000, 10000, etc players on one server easily. So maybe its just actual problems with architecture. Heck if I know. *pixel fart*
  2. TheBoss New Member

The Q has been Qancelled.

"Show yourself Q!" -Picard
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Nevzat New Member

I logged in before a streamer i'm watching on Twitch by a few minutes, they are in and i'm not..

How does that work?

Thanks
  4. Pixelplx Journeyman

i like see what your are saying, but this is dbg/sony ect. There games are not popular enuff for them to even consider streamer privledge =p
  5. Nevzat New Member

Well, it's not about streamer privilege but the queue is clearly not a queue. So just making that known as i literally just witnessed it.
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. caprotts New Member

I try and connect, and it says I am queued, but then it just disconnects me-- claiming I timed out. Then I gotta re-queue.

Kind of frustrating.
  7. Ravilla Journeyman

It's been 2 and half hours. Dramatic much? Lol
  8. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

With the announcement of a new TLP one would expect that you have addressed the issues that were so prevalent in the last.

This does not appear to be the case.

Just from a business perspective, it makes me wonder how you justify pumping out a new product (just the old server with a fresh paint job/name) without rectifying/debugging the issues of old.

Look at the loyal customer base you have, but even there they have limits and I cannot fathom why you are constantly testing where those limits might be.

Excitement to play turns to instantaneous frustration as we meet a queue with an inaccurate timer.

Heck, most people (from what I am reading) just want to log in long enough to lock in their character name, and here we are 3 hours later reliving the drop of Aradune exactly anew.

New ownership, same issues.
  9. Pimpmobile Journeyman

Was in queue for over an hour and a half, then session time-out...thanks DBG.
  10. andross77 Elder

stockholm syndrom my dude. the people playing on these TLPs are not debating whether to play here or play Fortnite v. 3.0. It's EQ or death lol. They don't need to do to the servers and we will keep playing b/c we love the game. Some of us just complain more than others. Reminds me of my kids...
  11. Bardy McFly Augur

This confused me at first, too, even after seeing it during a few previous launches.

This is NOT "estimated time remaining in queue".

This is "the last person that just made it through the queue took X minutes".

I was thinking of pinging Mepps to have him talk to the team about changing the wording to be more obvious, or maybe look at changing it to estimated time remaining if it isn't too much work. Most other games with queue systems show time remaining and that is probably confusing people here.
  12. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

Tis true that it is a game for masochists.

The grind is part of the appeal of the game, since you feel like you have accomplished something when it takes blood, sweat, tears (and krono) to accomplish.

We might be masochists en masse, but I am suggesting that the 'cuffs might be just a little too tight in stopping us from even getting into our magical laggy kingdom.

Log on when the server drops, 1 minute on the queue until it crashes and kicks me out due to inactivity. Back in and repeat at 10 minutes, then 5 minutes, then 32 minutes, and now 44 minutes.

Tis mind-boggling to me that any company would keep shovelling out product rather than dealing with literal pages of dissatisfaction from its player base.

....and it crashed back to server select again.
  13. Holyhops Journeyman

Listen man, we all been here a long time, god knows I understand that server launches are never going to actually go well but waiting 30-60 minutes to get in just to be randomly disconnected mid-play (not boxing, not AFK, only me playing in house, so no same key @ same time shenanigans) is kind of a nightmare. On top of being put in just to be immediately kicked back to server select screen.

Am I surprised? No, am I disappointed? No, at this point I'd be hard pressed to expect anything else out of Darkpaw than an absolute crash and burn on launch day. I'm just here to vent until my toons get put back in from queue.

Oh well, back to intently staring at the 6m until my eyes bleed.
    Fenthen likes this.
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

On the bright side you don't have to feel guilty about playing too much today.
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Both servers are now at their intended max cap (so you are now waiting for someone else to log out for the queue to move).

Thornblade queues were completely empty for a bit there, if you're undecided on servers.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Zanarnar Augur

Thanks for that, I was debating trying to jump in. Last Epoch 0.8.2 update it is then! :p
  17. Kylo Classic Augur

Someone log out
  18. Rafeus New Member

By the way, discord support was awesome and we were apprised of the queue issue the whole time. Once that was reset, everything went really smooth!