Warning: Do Not Ignore Your Wife

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Niskin, May 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

EQ has broken up marriages like nobody's business, it's still capable, don't fall into the trap.

Play as much as you can, but don't let it interfere with your life. And don't hide spending from her either, same result in the end.

Listen, you are older now, uglier, very uncool. If she tosses you aside, nobody else is going to want you. Sure you could just play more EQ, but we know how that ends.

So keep your wife happy. It's taken all of the 22 years of EQ for me to find a balance with this game and my wife. She still reacts out of emotion when I even say I'm playing the game again, but I've gotten better at de-escalation.

Laides, obviously this applies to you with husbands too, although maybe not the uglier part. Dudes usually have no self-awareness, so I had to point that out for them.
    Trey, klanderso, GamerGramps and 2 others like this.
  2. Bardy McFly Augur

Pro tip: Find a wife that plays EQ with you.
  3. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I had that once, for a short time. Same wife even, only ever had the one. I think she's fully blocked it out now though, like if I mentioned it she would say "did I?" with only 25% of that being sarcasm.
    Accipiter likes this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I dunno, I think if you still have a partner at this point they are already used to your addiction by now, and at least they know where the hell you are.
    Good advice to not forget about your significant other though

And I keep seeing Women say it's unfair how Men often age better than women do, but I think it's mostly about whether you actually take care of yourself or not and applies to both Men & Women on that score.
    So being uglier probably is not true for everyone, a few of us may even look better, or at least learned how to shave that neckbeard off & go get a damn haircut.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

DANGER WILL ROBINSON

When a woman says "did I?" it's not really a question...it's a test.
    Bardy McFly and MasterMagnus like this.
  6. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I started off ugly, so I had room to improve. The rest of you bastards have gone downhill... Sorry, don't shoot the messenger. :cool:
    Metanis, minimind and Skuz like this.
  7. killswitch87 Journeyman

Respectable tip.
  8. Pixelplx Journeyman

This post is troll, everyone knows you trade in wifes for younger ones, the younger ones are on the phone 24/7 nowadays.

Can always make a new family! dont fall behind in eq!
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I fell in a vat of butter once, things went downhill very rapidly after that.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  10. killswitch87 Journeyman

My mom is my sister and i'm here to party
  11. GamerGramps Journeyman

Wife faction is extremely hard to raise. But, it drops like a rock!

Learn the balance!
    Niskin likes this.
  12. Kahna Augur

My husband would be pretty upset by me getting a wife. Women do play this game too (and aren’t obese). Shocking, I know.
    GamerGramps and Skuz like this.
  13. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Covered that.

14. Accipiter Old Timer

Same.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

I've been ignoring my wife for years so no change here.
    HoodenShuklak and Skuz like this.
  16. Vlahkmaak Augur

Wife whispering services available. Krono accepted.
  17. Trox2010 Augur

Lazy bastards just need to learn to cook; fresh baked goods keeps wife faction maxed out, and she will prefer you leave her be and go play your game so she doesn't have to share.
    Metanis likes this.
  18. Restore Order New Member

19. MileyVyrus Elder

I always make sure to pay plenty of attention to your wife.
    HoodenShuklak and Skuz like this.
  20. MischiefMaker New Member

For sure, switch to sugar free energy drinks and buy a $10 pair of buzzclippers. Go from fat ugly eq addict slob to skinny fugly eq addict slob, not hard.
    Skuz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.