Truth or lies?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Elite_raider, May 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elite_raider Augur

Good luck getting in today or this month I guess......
    Fenthen and Popknot like this.
  2. Bardy McFly Augur

3. MMOer Augur

You think we were joking when we said it takes 4-8 hours to play on day 1 for TLPs?
  4. Lazybones New Member

So....do we click OK and remain in queue, or do we need to leave it at that screen to remain in queue?
    Nickatropolis likes this.
  5. Dunamys New Member

theres no way they are at max at 12:00 and 35 seconds lol
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. MMOer Augur

This is always the question.
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Only so many people can log in at the same instant, and there were a lot of folks sitting ready to go.
  8. Bardy McFly Augur

This is Everquest. UI/UX are not a topic for discussion.
  9. uk6999 Augur

I would imagine they are throttling people in, in groups to watch server performance so the queue timer is probably pointless right now.
  10. Bardy McFly Augur

Correct. They were at max capacity at about 1 second after it opened.
  11. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Jumped on Thornblade at 3:00 exactly. Queue time said one minute. Said that for about 5 minutes, now says two minutes. So people are getting in, but we'll see how it goes.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  12. Kwatz New Member

Mischief Live 54 seconds ago
    up
    low
  13. Zinkeh Augur

Clicked mischief the millisec it said up and was put into a 1m queue. 8
    minutes ago
  14. Jamien New Member

My wife got in sitting right beside me. And I’m stuck. Do we keep hitting the “OK” button to stay in queue or just keep the button up?
  15. Zinkeh Augur

I believe once you click and the buttons go grey you're in that queue. There's just no rhyme or reason how you get in though. Says 1 minute, you wait 20, etc.

They need to do queues like every other game in the known universe and list your position IN the queue.
  16. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

You can click OK. The first time it says "you have been added to the queue" and then it changes to "you are still in the queue" if you click it again. So should be fine.
  17. Bardy McFly Augur

It doesn't change the queue position. I just wonder if they fixed the bug where the client idled you out of the server select screen due to inactivity haha. It's been a while since I took part in the chaos (I'm just reserving names for now).
  18. Erronn New Member

Aradune 2.0 - the ol' "click OK or not" issue - I think we learned that clicking OK is, well, Ok, but don't have to - you will be in the queu either way...
  19. ntellect Augur

Lies. I got in just fine. No lag. Created my 4 characters. Surprisingly (right now) its uneventful in terms of the login queue / issue. But maybe its because I got in like the SECOND it opened :)
  20. Sakuraba Augur

Queue is probably going to be long enough that I am going to need to do something constructive and ask the forum a simple question:

Halfling all the way, but...

Rogue, Cleric, or Druid? :p
  21. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Has now jumped to 6 minutes. I'm updating because what else would I be doing right now?
  22. Captain Video Augur

Anyone who has been around for the last few cycles of TLP launches has seen this before. Login servers are the first bottleneck. Those will be throttled more than the game servers, to start with, in order to prevent crashes. You can always come play on a Live server while you're waiting! :)
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  23. Lumeadwen New Member

New

Relax, you are in queue. Average wait time does not matter, it is a running average, but since server just launched it doesnt matter. Server is still low pop, so they are throttling logins to ensure server does not crash.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.