Best Non-Monk/Non-Chanter TLP DPS Class?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by I'm Not A Robot, May 25, 2021.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Cherry picking only part of my post, and an incomplete sentence at that just to have something to argue against is about as low-effort, low-rent as it gets.

Please get it into your skull that P99 is almost nothing like EQ Live or TLP - they may as well be two completely different games at this point so drawing direct comparisons is foolish, P99 might be your only "frame of reference" but for that purpose it is all but useless, let it go.

You're in our world now.
    Foaming and Tweakfour17 like this.
  2. WokeCat Augur

How accessible is this for most Rangers though? There’s only a couple of months before Luclin comes out and this seems like a Sword that most people would contest?
  3. taliefer Augur

knights have better options, and most warriors dont bother with 2handers at all from my experience, but they also have better options if they do. I had no issue getting one on Mangler, but people also eyeballed me askew for being a ranger wanting a 2hander...until the parses at least~

Edit: i used a primal 2hander until i got the mjeledin, and it was still better than dual wielding, but the jump to the Mjeledin was huge
  4. WokeCat Augur

telling a new or returning player that rogues are better now than they were 20 years ago is misleading and had I read this and not already experienced TLP first hand I would have made a rogue by mistake. I didn’t cherry pick anything. Why would I scrutinize other comments you made if I don’t find them to be inaccurate and they are not related to the one sentence I felt the need to object?
  5. Nicorus Elder

It is fairly accessible and the alternatives are not that far below it. Ranger should generally compete with other mid tier dps until luclin. If you playing a ranger and consistently behind anyone except monks or a charm class then you are doing something wrong. Ranger has a pretty active spell rotation earlier than most classes which is why you see lots of bad ones who just auto attack and maybe cast swarm.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

But I did not do JUST that did I?

You may have read only the part you wanted to use as an argument point without the context of the rest of my sentence, but I said nothing that was inaccurate & I clearly pointed out the context by explaining the relationship in dps compared to other classes all in one sentence.

You are taking a whole statement apart and then trying to argue on only 1 part of it ignoring the rest which does give it context.
    This is a completely bogus strategy, take the whole sentence in context and your argument here completely falls apart.

Don't blame me for your lack of reading comprehension, and yes you absolutely did cherry pick by only using a small part of my remark to quote.

Scrutinize the WHOLE sentence then, it wasn't just the 11 words you quoted the first time.
  7. WokeCat Augur

8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

At least you acknowledged that you didn't read.
  9. WokeCat Augur

Skuz spelled backwards is Zuks.
  10. Numiko Augur

Rogues were great dps in classic when for few months they could backstab from the front ;)
  11. Magician9001 Augur

p99 isn't Classic. AC values on p99 are massively messed up and it's a huge benefit to rogues relative to others classes.

Rogues are buffed compared to Classic, just not as buffed as other classes.

The meme about rogues sucking is really only true in Classic and solo gameplay. Rogues are strong in groups/raids so long as they have a decent weapon starting in Kunark.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Crizack New Member

Again we are specifically talking about TLP.
    I find it interesting that I can actually tell your education level simply by your reading comprehension or lack thereof. The type of person I normally don't associate with on the street
  13. WokeCat Augur

They are strong compared to who?
  14. Magician9001 Augur

Compared to other DPS classes. They're a top 3 group and raid DPS from Kunark till well past any of the expansions i've played.

Rogues suck to play because they suck outside of groups and raids. If you're a monk who is LFG you can still find light blues to solo for AA and can pop your discs on named for fat loots. If you're LFG as a Rogue you cry in a corner.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. WokeCat Augur

They are not Top 3 in Kunark. Not even top 10.
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

He's right. All classes are stronger now than they were in 1999. Rogues are relatively weaker, though, because other classes are much stronger.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

At least a bunch of these P99ers will quit after day 1 because they can't adapt.
  18. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I hope they all stop by the forums to let us know they are leaving.
    Accipiter and Skuz like this.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

LOL, they will.
  20. Kobra Augur

I never understood the stigma rogues have on TLP. I was guilded with some very good rogues. I never hesitated to invite them to a group, but I am constantly parsing and looking for people who can play at a high level regardless of what class they play.

I have met druids who heal better than clerics, I have met rogues who outdps monks.

Its all about the player and never about the class.

You could maybe make an argument that a really good rogue will probably do even better on a monk, but if they like playing a rogue, they can make it work because they are a good player.

My experience with P99ers is they're the bottom of the barrel in personality and skill. If someone tries to tell me they are from P99 I think ok I am going to avoid this person unless they prove they're not terrible at this game. Even if you are a good player from P99 you probably suffer from some mental illness and I probably going to avoid you anyway for that reason.

The problem with P99ers is they still think the game is stuck in same state as 1999. The world moved on, the game moved on, but they haven't.