TLP-Auctions

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Naiderye, May 19, 2021.

1. Xerzist Augur

yee
  2. chumbus Apprentice

I ran the original site (TLPAuctions) and yes, this project is not related to mine. He never contacted me about the name or the domain, both of which I would have been happy to part with. Contact was available for almost a full year after I shut down the site.

It would be nice if he noted that this isn't the same project people may associate the name with. Pretty shady.

I see it is mentioned deep on the credits page. I'm sure everyone will notice that.
  3. Tacc Journeyman

I ran a discord based auction tracker for Aradune named Aradune Auctions when there was no other alternatives available. Did it cause nobody else was doing it and people wanted/needed the service. Didn't have an extra box to host it on myself so I paid a friend to let me use an extra box to host it. Dozens of people asked for ways to donate.etc and I launched a patreon with some additional "premium" features to cover cost of the box + extra account.etc so I wasn't paying out of pocket. This guy lost his mind over it and basically accused me of being hitler for trying to get a few bucks to cover my costs/work. He registered a domain with the same name and did his best to pull everyone to his website instead. I don't really care. If he had done it to start with I wouldn't have even gone to the effort of creating one. I just thought and still think its shady AF to steal someone elses name for the same service and brand it as your own. I got DM's/tells all the time with people asking questions about the website cause they (understandably) thought it was the same person running the discord and the website. I got tons of people reporting bugs on the website when he first launched it cause it was a buggy mess at first. Just a BS thing to do imo and made everyone confused for no reason. Got quite a chuckle when I saw him stealing tlpauctions as well lol.