Anybody else still on the fence about what server to play on?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Nickatropolis, May 25, 2021.

1. Nickatropolis Augur

Titles says it all, I am not sure if I want to play on a busy server or a less busy server. Perhaps 4 hour queue's vs 1 hour queue's will balance the server load or will people deadset on mischief wait 4x as long to play? If its pretty balanced population, what's the deciding factor? Should I flip a coin?

I feel like this is splitting the TLP community right down the middle and I'm not super excited about it. Reminds me of when they launched Lockjaw a week or so after Ragefire and a bunch of people left Ragefire for it.
  2. Lejaun Augur

Just go where your friends are. If that isn't a big factor, go with whatever one has the smaller queue times if that matters to you. If you don't mind waiting, go to Mischief for the bigger population.
    Nickatropolis and Skuz like this.
  3. Mattling Elder

Don't worry about it. The game will figure it out for you.

If Mischief ends up with an hour or so queue, you'll probably go there. If Mischief ends up with a 5+ hour queue, you'll probably go to Thornblade. Just wait and see.
    Nickatropolis likes this.
  4. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Regardless of any queue, I am going to Mischief. I already found a guild full of awesome people. Been getting to know them on Discord for a few weeks. Already have a static group formed up, and a plan to level as quickly as possible over the weekend. I'd take my laptop with me Friday, but you can't play from inside an MRI machine, and I'll be there for several hours...
  5. ScottAdamsFan14 New Member

I was actually going to create a thread asking what medically related procedure Doranur_Aleguzzler was going to undergo on Friday, glad I checked this thread for the answer first.
    Doranur_Aleguzzler likes this.
  6. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Since inquiring minds want to know, I have MS. Periodically, to monitor how my treatment is going, I need a full set of spinal and brain MRIs, with and without contrast. I have an appointment with my neurologist coming up soon, so I need to get these done. Unfortunately, they were pretty adamant of the date, and couldn't understand what "new TLP launch weekend" meant.
  7. MMOer Augur

I feel like the hard core no life jerk boys will be all going mischief as well as the people who want a larger populated server (lets face it we all know they die and population is a thing later)

I feel like the people who want to be hard core no life jerk boys but cant cut it... you know all the malintent but less of the dedicational nd skill will be on TB as well as the people who want a lower population and less queue issues.

Which is worse? I dont know. no life jerks are pretty toxic but at least respectable. The wanabe's are just jerky with no respect.

Regardless... it could be not as many players this round and neither server has issues,
  8. TheTone Elder

Not I - I'm going to make my main toons on Throneblade and just make a couple krono-farming toons on Mischief.
  9. WokeCat Augur

Thornblade. I'm not dealing with the drama or having to wait 6 hours to log in every day...

I don't see the appeal to being on the "best" server. In years past people used to flee the "best" servers for a reason.
  10. Sakuraba Augur

In honor of Bristlebane I almost wanna make a Halfling Rogue on Thorn, but I also know it takes, what, four expansions for Rogue to get "good" even in group content? Wondering if it's safer to hedge bets on a Halfling Cleric or Druid instead till they can be Rangers lol.
  11. WokeCat Augur

Rogues are pretty bad, but I do think they will be a top tier twink class in Velious just because there are so many ROG only daggers from that era that will be amazing on twinks.
  12. Nickatropolis Augur

'preciate the advice. I have no steady friends in EQ, people I know and have played with/guilded with, sure, friends that I group with regularly, wish I did, but I don't, so not a big factor. Smaller queue times may be a factor for me, but I anticipate patience will be a virtue on either server. I have never been around a TLP on Launch day, let alone launch week, closest I ever was was two weeks after ragefire launched, so this will be a new experience for me.
  13. MMOer Augur

Good point.. and it has been a long time since I twinked a rog =D
  14. MMOer Augur

hey fren
    Nickatropolis likes this.
  15. Insanoflex New Member

Thornblade. They'll probably merge if pop drops too much or I'll just pay transfer to Mischief if I have to.
  16. MMOer Augur

Im starting to feel like everyone is going to flood thornblade trying to get away from the population and it will be the overpop server of casuals.
  17. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

That would actually be amazing. Maybe not for the wide availability of gear, but for the server atmosphere at least. I'm wondering what the farmer bots will do, if they will hit both servers or what? If they stick mostly to Mischief and Thornblade ends up as you say, it would be a really nice server to ride to live.
  18. Nickatropolis Augur

So far the queue is pretty even on either server, still not sure what server to join, Im sticking with mischief queue though... /sigh. What could have been thornblade, what could have been. To all the thornbladians, I bid you adieu.
  19. Numiko Augur

I'll play on both because that's what I do.
  20. Trey Elder

Thornblade pop is already sinking. I rather regret rolling there.