So where does everyone plan on leveling?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by WokeCat, May 26, 2021.

1. WokeCat Augur

I'm thinking about going Erudite Cleric just for the aesthetic. Do you think there will be people leveling on that part of the world or will I have to make the journey to Unrest pretty early on?
  2. Xhartor Augur

Crushbone > Unrest > LGuk > Hole, this is the general route taken by everyone on every TLP.

Upper Guk and Mistmoore will also get some traffic.
  3. WokeCat Augur

I kind of figured that would be the route everyone takes...I try to avoid hunting in Crushbone on a lot of my characters to avoid becoming KOS to the Indigo Brotherhood... I like being able to safely use Neriak when I'm hunting in Sol B...
  4. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

If you don't level in Qeynos Area, and experience the best low level dungeon in any game (Blackburrow), you are missing EQ :p

Crushbone is where the karnor train elves, expped 20 years ago :p
  5. Karasu New Member

I absolutely love Blackburrow, but I don't love it enough to start in Qeynos.

They need to add translocators from FP to Qeynos. Yes, it's not classic but you'd think they'd have created a shipping line after 22 years.
  6. Thash Zoner

Not that I would disagree, except that running a level 1 to commons tunnel instead of waiting for a port, levels, or any money is one of the first best challenges in the game, imo. As a bonus you then have easy origin to qeynos. I'm glad they haven't.

We definitely don't need more such QOL for people that just want to rush to the raid scene.
  7. MMOer Augur

I think I will be a gnome.. so Steamfont again.. will bring back some heart achy nostalgia.

Force my way into a kobold camp which will be so over crowded. Hit level 5 and move to Orc Hill / Crushbone.

My leveling strategy is /lfg on and go where the groups are. I hope with loot being cray cray I will get invited to some of the less utilized zones.
  8. WokeCat Augur

I'm actually curious how a level 1 gets through Runnyeye / Highpass without high levels there curtailing the mobs? I mean I know rogues could theoretically hide/sneak through dangerous areas, but most other classes..?
  9. Weebles101 Journeyman

I guess you would go the long way thru SK RM Feerrott etc
  10. WokeCat Augur

Oh I forgot about this completely.. this is how I got my troll shaman to misty thicket to hunt halfling guards...honestly it would probably be way safer.
  11. Basak Augur

The trek through Runnyeye itself is rather short, and few mobs are on the top level and are easy to avoid even at level one. High ground in the previous zone of Gorge can avoid any threats. Most of my deaths from the Qeynos to Freeport run have been in Commonlands with a random bear coming at me from out of nowhere.
  12. Numiko Augur

on Norrath....

I kind of like the Lavastorm route .. you have a zone you can go from 10 to 30+ in, and 3 dungeons right off the zone that can take you from 10 to 50 and as a bonus the Temple of Sol Ro is there too for decent mid level quests. .. its like one stop shopping!
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

I'm thinking we will see a lot more diversity this time around... there's no reason to poopsock the same rates like there used to be! Of course... some rares aren't flagged as such so those might be contentious.
  14. Nickatropolis Augur

You can translocate from the docks in Eurdin to Queynos and see about getting groups in blackburrow.
  15. WokeCat Augur

Can do the mail quest too.. I just tried it with an EVIL erudite cleric to make sure I wasn’t KOS
    Nickatropolis likes this.