Kill Stealing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Boodas0121, May 21, 2021.

1. Accipiter Old Timer

Well I, for one, tried to be nice to you but I see now that was a mistake. Why are you still here?
  2. Laronk Augur

Nah I group with people and do my best to respect people's camps. It's a big game and there's lots of places to go.
  3. brickz Augur

Aww, looks like OP didn't get the responses he was looking for:(

Assuming this incident even happened in the first place, it sounds like someone was farming tailoring items and the OP sperged out hard so the guy farming decided to just bully him out of the zone rather than playing nice
  4. xaga Elder

pretty sure respect is a two way street :)
  5. Nickatropolis Augur

Just because it's legal doesn't mean people do it with wreckless abandon. It happens, but players usually work it out amongst themselves.
  6. MischiefMaker New Member

Well, since the guild-we-cannot-name-because-devs-play-there seems to be set on leaving Aradune, warping killstealers should be a thing of the past for you, happy?
  7. Boodas0121 New Member

Yes there was...OMG read through the posts on here
  8. TLP Addict Augur

9. Keebo New Member

I stopped playing several years ago for similar situations. One in particular was when I was killing my epic mobs with guildies and the largest guild on the server came in and wiped the mob out and left with all the loot. That cause alot of distress within guildies especially those new to Everquest. People in general were afraid to challenge the largest guild since the guild leader would tell guildies to target everyone from a guild who challenges them and ks everything they pull to teach them not to challenge the stronger guild again. A person I knew sent me screenshots of these guild conversations to warn me they were headed to Plane of Hate when we were raiding there and their guildies told us we need to stop killing mobs because they were gonna be raiding in about 30 minutes and didn't want us to kill all the mobs.
    After they came and did their best to train us to begin with then moved in on top of us and killed everything we pulled, I had my guildies to evac out then "out of nowhere it seems someone in my guild made a bad pull and had almost all the rest of the mobs left, trash and named, pulled to that spot and killed everyone from their guild except for a few who evac'd, fd'd, or hid and evaded". We moved back in and finished our raid while they rezzed up. They were more bold with the threats and when I /petitioned about this Daybreak said the same as always. Basically whoever has the most dps wins the mobs and that they never interfere with any player to player disputes and believed player can solve their own problems.
    After this happened I created and played 39 more accounts and started targeting their boxing groups. I was reported for ks'ing a camp in ToV from a group of 10 from that guild. A GM came to me within the hour and threatened to ban my toons and everyone in my guild who was there if we didn't leave and let these other people continue with the camp. I /petitioned this and submitted the conversation text from the GM to myself. I was told that it was against EULA policies to claim a GM was being unfair and that would be an automatic ban on all accounts if I continued. I logged off after that and cancelled my accounts.

Many of you out there will make fun of this post and that will just show who you really are but there are so many more people out there who know exactly how this feels to be cheated while trying to enjoy a game with family and friends. These people who as a whole pay more subscriptions than the corrupt players.
    Notice how before this type of gameplay was promoted and allowed back in the original Kunark/Velious eras, there were 400,000+ subscriptions but over the years the ones who are the loudest in the forums, usually raid players but not always and not all raid players, have guided the gameplay and the game has gone downhill since with every expansion after PoP or so depending on who you ask. This is a great game and it seems Daybreak is trying to revive the game with refreshing ideas. I will be playing one of these new servers but suggest looking back at the history of EQ and how management was conducted during the best years plus some of the new implementations that has been made lately. It would be nice to see the population grow back over 200,000 again. I sincerely believe this is the best MMORPG ever created and will be to come if managed properly.

Sorry for the long post. I just hope this new server is as good as it sounds and hope the bad is filtered out throughout the life of gameplay.

The original,
    Keebo Sabi
  10. Knarf New Member

Ok ... bye then.
  11. Abrhum Journeyman

All the cocky nerds sitting behind their computer screens and phones are cracking me up with their little tough guy responses. Hahaha.

But seriously, have some common courtesy. Whomever mentioned the relation of KSers being the same people that don't return their grocery carts hit the nail on the head. In all honesty, this is real life. Scumbags are always near by, but they are low in numbers by comparison.
    Doranur_Aleguzzler and Lejaun like this.
  12. Pictarous Augur

I liked the TLP program for EQ, I've played on every one. I've been the tough guy and probably raged little pubs, but the deal is:

TLPs are a sideshow, and are basically in maintenance mode from launch. They exist to milk the two week novelty rush phase with 0 support, then peter out to the same 700-1k people who stay past Velious, with further drops every xpack until the inevitable death around GoD/Omens.

Really, you made a good choice in quitting. Everquest had it's lunch eaten by World of Warcraft and other MMOs a long time ago, the systems are outdated and unfriendly, and the game becomes very quickly dominated by people boxing their own classes, legitimately or not. You are not missing out on anything by not playing this old MMO. The EQ you remember more closely exists on p99, but that becomes even more spergy than TLPs past the leveling phase.

The game itself, and DPG for not changing aspects of it, do not value your time. DPG is just the doorman holding the keys - they do not know how to manage, work on, detect cheats, or update key modules of the game.

In short, I'm sincerely glad you quit EQ, it will ultimately be a good decision. There are better games/MMOs out there that you can get the same rush/fun from, and without alot of bs and 2000s era systems.