Progression Bros and Brehs - Gimmie Some Insight

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xerzist, May 25, 2021.

1. Xerzist Augur

Never done a progression server, per say. Got a few questions.

1. Are the login queues at launch really that bad? Will it tell me I can't log in for 24 hours? Or are people overexaggerating?

2. Can people cheese experience pots off the store at launch for easy mode leveling?

3. Do any of these servers actually maintain a real healthy population after 6 months?

Give me your udder, deepest, darkest opinions on whether my wallet is gonna instant "ree" upon subbing to give it a whirl. :eek:
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Utter.
    Duder likes this.
  3. Xerzist Augur

Obviously "Udder" was on purpose you dolty nerd.
  4. Trevalon Augur

1) Yes, they are that bad. Everyone here is VERY hopeful that Thronblade will make the login queues much better. The queues on Aradune for me reached in upwards of 4-5 hours meaning I couldn't play the server as by the time I got home from work and was able to actually get in I couldn't play cause I needed to go to bed for work again.

But again, Thornblade should HELP Mischief, and I suspect Thornblade queues will either be non existent or much less than Mischief, so just play there.

2) What does that mean? How can you cheese something available to everyone? Yes, you can buy 25% exp pots and use them...you don't have to, but you can.

3) Yes EVERY TLP has had a healthy population after 6 months. MOST have had healthy populations years after their launch, though things do start to die down after certain expansions.
    Xerzist likes this.
  5. Hinastorm86 Augur

Aradune had queues for a month (maybe longer, don't perfectly recall). 4+ hour queues for at least 2 weeks. Someone might have a more complete memory than me on that. Also, really bad server lag, including 10+ minute zone times. And crashes, putting you back into said queue. It was a disaster.

TLP servers do fine till at least through OOW. After that it starts to taper down.

Just go into this assuming you're not going to get much quality play time through the labor day weekend exp bonus. If you do get good play time, consider it a happy accident.
    Xerzist likes this.
  6. Kylo Classic Augur

maybe read the forums first?
  7. Xerzist Augur

Thanks for the response, I technically don't like to read dev posts, what exactly does Thornblade have to do with Mischief? They going to combine at some sort of date in the future?
  8. jeskola pheerie

9. Trevalon Augur

Thornblade and Mischief are copy servers. Unfortunately Daybreak announced Mischief first so that means it will be the most popular of the two. THornblade though will help the Mischief queues for sure though and honestly, if you are not tied down to Mischief cause of friends/guild then Id say just go Thornblade. They have said they will probably merge them down the road.
    Skuz and Xerzist like this.
  10. wade_watts Augur

Do you enjoy EverQuest? Do you enjoy playing with others? If you enjoy EverQuest and playing with others, you going to really enjoy the launch of a new TLP. Newbie zones filled to the brim with players, groups on orc hill, crushbone, unrest, guk, etc.

The queues can be maddening, sometimes people are jerks, but there are a lot of really great people that you can meet and re-live some of the classic zones and levelling experience. It's fairly rare that everyone is generally at the same point, level, wealth, etc. It's a good time.

It's effectively the cost of like 2 coffees from starbucks. It's gonna be hard to have regret on the small amount of money it takes to ante in.

p.s. - the queues on Aradune were insanely terrible. I really really really hope they got some stuff figured out over the past year. The dual launch will help in part but I'm sure there will still be queues and frustration.
  11. MMOer Augur

1. Are the login queues at launch really that bad? Will it tell me I can't log in for 24 hours? Or are people overexaggerating?

The worst you could imagine. I think last time I spent 6 or 8 hours trying to get in.. then went to sleep for 6 then got up just as they servers were up and stable at 4am est.

My advice.. if its not a big deal to you skip day 1. Start on Day 2.

2. Can people cheese experience pots off the store at launch for easy mode leveling?
    Yes, people use exp pots all the time. They glow when they use them. Some will share pots with the whole group if the group commits to staying for the whole duration.. they are rare bros.

I dont use them as I like the grouping and pug exp process. I say my dbg points for dumb stuff like illusions and stuff

3. Do any of these servers actually maintain a real healthy population after 6 months?

After Velious is starts to drop off. After pop it really drops. I've only made it to pop once myself and I play all the TLP's each season lol

Give me your udder, deepest, darkest opinions on whether my wallet is gonna instant "ree" upon subbing to give it a whirl.

Buy a 1 month sub or a krono... if you are smart and save you plat and spend wisely you will be able to earn a few krono in game before the first month is over... then the becomes free to play from there out.

Buy a sub and buy a 40slot 100% bag for $20.. its worth it.

Best advice... just chill... level slow. Group. Have fun leveling. Raiding is boring as . You will make alts. The gear will flow... and very much so with this rule set.
  12. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Mangler is two years in and doing fine, Rizlona is the only boxing friendly TLP so I expect it will continue along without issue as well. No reason that This round of TLPs won't stick around if they're the only free trade TLP option that ever comes down the pipes, the 'random' loot will be meaningless really by OoW and the expansions past that so it will really just be the free trade TLP.
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

Login queues are notoriously bad. If you're not hardcore, then just plan on hopping on around dinner time EST as people slowly trickle off and you can reliably log in.

Every TLP launch you hear about X players taking off work only to be stuck in a queue. There is absolutely a strong history of this happening, and I would expect no different.
  14. Brontus EQ Player Activist

No.
    Haydai likes this.
  15. Mattling Elder

1) Honestly, it's worse than that. Aradune was literally unplayable for almost 2 months. Not only could people not get logged in, they couldn't stay in, and the ones that did stay in had such terrible lag they couldn't zone.

2) Leveling is trivial easy on TLPs. Exp pots will speed it up, but it's perfectly reasonable to expect to make 50 in a week without using them.

3) Population stays good until the next round of TLPs so usually a year. This server may be different because it's a new ruleset, we'll see in time.
  16. Nolrog Augur

1. They can be yes at least in the beginning. It will settle down after a week or so.

2. You can buy 25% XP Pots from the store. Though I am not sure how easy this makes it. I guess easier compared to not having them . . .

3. Yes. In my experience, they will stay healthy for some time. Phinigel has had a healthy population until relatively recently and even now, there are enough people left to fill a full raid without boxes.