Request - Type 5 Bandolier

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Chaoslayer, May 24, 2021.

1. Chaoslayer Journeyman

It would be really useful to be able to swap between two different sets of type 5’s. As a warrior it would be nice to have a sta/agi set for raiding our tanking big boss types and a dex set when you want to dps. I’m sure it could be useful to other classes to be able to quick swap sets. It could even have a swap refresh time 10 or 15 minutes to keep people from abusing it. Seems like a win for EQ creating stuff for us to do because you would need to farm twice as many type 5’s to use it. Seems like a win, win, win to me. Anyone else have thoughts on this?
  2. Zarkdon Augur

Yes! This would be nice to be able to customize my augs for different scenarios. There are raids etc where hitpoints would be nicer than overall damage for that encounter.

No! I hate farming augs and this would make me do more aug farming.
  3. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I don't think you've considered what is actually involved in this. Type 5 augs don't exist without being in gear which means you'd essentially have to have bandolier work for every slot and then figure out a way to code the augs for each to swap.

Plus ... it costs plat every time you switch. Devs like plat sinks. What are you going to do about that?

We can't even get a belt slot or power source slot added to the current bandolier. Both of which would be far more useful.

But even if all that was true, I'd still not want it. Because it would be a nightmare and a half to try to keep up with it.
    Ozon, Skuz and Coagagin like this.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

That's a level of min/maxing we don't need.
    Ozon, Nolrog, Skuz and 1 other person like this.
  5. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Shouldn't tanks be going Hdex anyway?
  6. Chaoslayer Journeyman

I was thinking adding a second type 5 slot to the newest sets of gear. Say the expansion it is implemented in. So slot 1 type 5 and slot 2 type 5 one active and one inactive. Swapping from 1 to 2 would change the set as a whole. The plat sink nothing would really change other then moving more augs as you upgrade your sets.
  7. Coagagin Guild house cat

Thinking about how the code would work alone is enough to give me a headache.
    Ozon and Skuz like this.
  8. Axel Furry Hats OP

If you like dying on raids, yes.
    hDEX has 0 defensive value in a raid, since mobs have 100% strikethrough (dex gives benefits to riposte & parry and shieldblock(?) all of which are negated by 100% strikethrough).
    hSTA provides melee mitigation (through melee shielding) and a larger HP pool for DoTs & other magical effects.
    hAGI has the same problems as hDEX, except no boost to DPS.

Up to the tank which one they want to run, but I see far more hDEX/hAGI tanks getting 1 rounded than hSTA tanks.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I can see why you would want this as a Warrior (max out a DPS set), perhaps as a Ranger too (max out a defensive set) and have the ability to swap them in conveniently, but I don't think it is a practical solution due to the point about the swapping of augs is a "process" that has a plat cost involved.
    Coding for such a system would be a nightmare I think.

If you want to min/max to that big a degree maybe keep your OLD gear set & outfit that with type 5 HDEX it will be slower to swap gear sets for sure but if you are going to min/max that much then asking for the ability to do it on the fly by way of a Bandolier as quickly as you can swap weapons seems to me to be asking a bit too much in the way of flexibility.

And I definitely do not think swapping an entire set of gear or even augs should be something you can do whilst in combat.
  10. Darchon_Xegony Augur

What is the actual end HP difference of a tank with full hSta vs one with full hDex Type 5s?

You have 20 slots with Type 5, one of them is Secondary which will be consumed by an AC aug for tanks. So that is 19. Nathsar Diamond is 80 in all so that is 18. Assuming full CoV augs you have a 90 crafted, 85 dropped and 16x 80s from vendor. For someone with Dex, you lose 62 sta crafted, 59 sta dropped, and 16x 55 sta from vendor. That is 1001 extra hSta on someone who goes full hSta vs full hDex or hAgi type 5s.

HP per hSta is around 16-19, I believe it works in a 4 step system and repeats but I can't for the life of me find that actual data and I can't be bothered to test more than the 2 aug swaps I did to confirm 16-19. So lets assume somewhere between an additional 16-19k HP for having hSta augs. This will also get you between 2-3 Melee Shielding depending on where you are with your total hSta.

Is that really saving a bunch of tanks from getting 1-rounded on raids? I don't really think so. Maybe when all discs are off/no short terms are on ya that small amount of HP relative to total HP pools may factor in. But at this point you should've rotated tanks around or spread out your discs better if you aren't tanking the primary target on the raid.

Realistically gear choices haven't mattered for quite some time for most classes. The difference in stats between two different pieces of gear from the same tier isn't sufficient to make gear choices matter. They would need to wildly change how they itemize for it to be a big factor in player performance.
    Vumad likes this.
  11. Spankage Elder

This is absolutely conjecture. Bad tanks who don't rotate disces get one-rounded completely independent of their type 5 choices.

To counter your statement, my guild really only has one warrior who's all hSTA and he typically dies quicker than any of our other tanks (who are primarily hDEX) - are his frequent deaths to be blamed on his aug choices or his lack of attentiveness to his abilities?

The notion that full hSta does anything more than provide you 20-25kish hp is outlandish, it certainly is NOT a gamechanger for raiding tanks.

To the main topic - sure, do it, the hardcore players will rejoice and everyone else will carry on as we have been.
  12. Spankage Elder

13. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Tanks on raids is more of a knife edge since without disciplines they would be paste like the rest of us. Though maybe the heroic stamina gives them a little extra padding for when things really go bad during a discipline. The heroic dex might matter more for crits to help hold aggro. Not sure though.

I've favored heroic stamina on my Enchanter and Cleric, and some heroic agility also, since they are more likely to get hit sporadically or dotted. It's probably marginal how much it matters, but it makes me feel more protected anyway.
  14. KrakenReality Augur

EQ gear is pretty boring. I miss the RPG aspect of making choices about equipment load out to mix and match skills. EQ just makes me feel like GI Elf-0001.
    Evye likes this.
  15. Qimble Augur

Stam providing more survivability in a raid setting is not conjecture at all. If that survivability is enough to make a noticeable difference is not. And saying it only provides raw HP is downright wrong, heroic stam also provides shielding which reduces the DB portion of incoming swings. I can't honestly say that I've done any testing to try and figure out what the DB or DI are in current raid content, but an extra 2-3% shielding is worth some amount of extra mitigation.

In current raid content if everyone does their job right sta/dex doesn't make much of a difference for tanks. If it hits the fan and you're pushing the limits stam is far better. If you're doing group level content dex is far better. But yeah, people hitting their buttons right makes a bigger difference than itemization.
  16. Zarkdon Augur

In some ways it's nice how the armor works now. I know what focus is on what slot. If I'm camping a mob I know that any visible item that drops is usable by my class.

I kind of miss the good old days when generic and non generic items dropped off the same loot table or there were 500 different bracers that did a slightly different thing.

Until I remember sitting for hours in some dungeon camping the same named for weeks hoping it drop the item I wanted, then winning that item on a /random because everyone wanted that item since it had +2 something more than any other item.

EQ is grindy enough without bringing that back.
    Tatanka likes this.
  17. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I think one of the things they could do to itemization is provide a greater disparity of stats within a tier. One ring should have 15,000 HP and only 250 AC where another one could have 5,000 Hp but 1,000 AC where another one could have 12,500 Mana but only 5,000 HP where another one could have only 5,000 HP/Mana but 1,000 Spell Damage/Heal Amount etc. etc.

As it stands now there little difference between Ring A or Ring B within the same tier.
  18. Windance Augur

I'd like to see a way to do "what if" type testing by swapping out type 5 augs. Unfortunately you generally can't sell them back to the vendor, except in CoV which has like a 50% penalty.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

20. Axel Furry Hats OP

Those are the moments that a tank should live for. I've been in raids where all other tanks were down and I was tanking boss + 4 adds, HP spiking 100->0.5->100->0.5 every second. The raid eventually ended up wiping (due to a call) but I survived for at least 3 minutes till the wipe was called. 100% guarantee if I stacked hDEX the raid would've ended much much sooner.

All too often do I see tanks clicking their discs but they stack hDEX so if they happen to pick up someone else's mob they just don't have the HP pool to survive the hits from 2 mobs. Yeah, the stam only adds like 25k HP, but every time my HP gets down to 1 or 2% (which is quite often due to my aggressive, high risk, high reward play style) that would mean I died if I stacked hDEX.
    Also being able to equip my 2hander more thanks to having more HP from stam leads to me outparsing tanks that stack hDEX, since they need to use a shield more often.