Support page and problems

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Deddentd, May 15, 2021.

1. Deddentd Journeyman

Im still having problems getting to the support page, and being able to log in. Is EQ so insecure that they cant take a criticism about their ability to even get a login to work right?? Also. I play a toon on a free account besides my paid account toons. Why is it II can no longer access that toon?
  2. Cha0skeelz New Member

I submitted a ticket almost 36 hours ago about simple password reset on one of my accts and I have yet to get a response from the support team.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Well I doubt it has much to do with free or paid accounts. But hard to say with no further info.

And not sure why you cannot file a petition. Same thing - no info.

Sometimes it helps to log out of everything EQ - the game, the forums before starting your support ticket.

When you go to the main site go to support and then choose sign in down in the middle of the page - it pops a slightly different log in screen than the other log in buttons do.

Don't sign in first. That seems to confuse it

This is player to player support and many of us here will be happy to help or offer suggestions. Many times we have fixed issues the "paid" tech's don't :D
  4. Deddentd Journeyman

None of that helped, but I read somewhere, that the petition page only will open using Microsoft Edge. Going to try it, though I hate Edge. Just DG giving in to the big guys who think they are the gods of computing.
  5. Deddentd Journeyman

Tried Microsoft edge, and got right into the petition stuff. Cant understand the need of DG to force us to use something we dont like.
  6. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

They, of course, don't intend for it to be this way. This happens when different browsers support HTML standards differently.

They likely wrote the HTML in a Microsoft tool. And the code just 'plays better' with Edge.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I use Firefox and Opera and it works fine. It could be using Edge closes you totally out of everything else EQ related allowing you to access the support area.

But glad you are progressing.
  8. Thunderkiks Augur

I had to file a petition earlier this week and used Chrome just fine on my phone to do it. So it's not just Edge is works on.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I use Firefox and have never had a problem opening a petition.
    Nennius likes this.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I dont use Edge and never will because Microsoft keeps trying to force it on me. Still have not found a way to keep it from opening.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I've only used Chrome for filing EQ petitions, never had a problem.

Only time I ever had an issue with a browser was a week or so ago with Square Enix's merchandise website which would only work 100% with Firefox (bought my kid a tshirt they wanted).