From p99 enchanter star question

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ownanat, May 25, 2021.

1. Ownanat Journeyman

So I'm from p99, I'm gonna make an enchanter on thornblade and curious if I should go erudite for the INT or high elf for the CHA? How much CHA is needed for lull and charm to be reliable on live tlp?

Or is just having more mana more beneficial?
  2. wade_watts Augur

Maximize your chamina

But for real, given your brethren that have been in the forums this past week... you lost me at:
    Lejaun and Scornn like this.
  3. wade_watts Augur

Go INT. This is hotly debated here but Dev feedback and many tests have shown CHA essentially does not play any significant role in charm breaking. There is a minor impact and CHA influences things like lull, but I would not route any points or pick a race based on CHA.
    Ulrin likes this.
  4. Barder-mangler Augur

I've played an enchanter for nearly 20 years, and my current stat preference is (early game):
    AC>HP>Mana pool(Int as well)> Agi>Sta>Cha>str (for carrying stuff).

Because INT is easy to max out, I typically put 5 into strength, 5-10 into agility (research the soft cap breaks for agility, you want to JUST hit the next level, the breakpoints are at odd/unusual numbers), 5-10 into stamina, and finally 5-10 into charisma (if not already 80+ cha).... and maybe 5-10 in INT depending on the race.

There is better data out there, but I find my personal "soft cap" for charisma to be around 140-150, any higher and there is literally no noticeable difference while playing, hence I don't dump a lot of points into CHA at character creation. I have literally never regretted adding 5 strength to any enchanter, even with bags it is easy to max out while leveling/grinding. .
  5. Frankkthetankk New Member

You also want CHA for DI later. Id say max CHA on any character, especially ench since it has such a good interaction with charm.
    Pumpernickel and Worgerwarrior like this.
  6. WokeCat Augur

The real answer is Dark Elf for HIDE.
    Skree likes this.
  7. Catalina Journeyman

cha doesnt matter on tlp
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You'll want 75 agility (less than this gives an AC penalty but more is all but useless) then put the rest into stamina.
    Race wise very little matters so pick what you like and choosing deity as agnostic makes life way easier for epic later on (less faction grinding required).
    wade_watts likes this.
  9. FranktheBank Augur

CHA doesnt matter on TLP. Go Sta or Int.
  10. wade_watts Augur

This was from the Dev's in mid 2018:

3 Movement Rate
    20 Blindness
    22 Charm
    31 Enthrall (Mez)
    34 Confuse
    63 NPC-WipeHatelist
    99 Root
    Scornn and Skuz like this.
  11. wade_watts Augur

What Skuz said also. Go agnostic no matter what race you choose.
  12. TheTone Elder

You just want to dump it all into STA, be a Dark Elf, and be Agnostic, as Woke mentions.

Dark Elves get:
    1. Hide - dopesauce for breaking charm
    2. Excellent Origin close to CL
    3. Best race anyways

Agnostic gets you basically non-KoS in most cities.
  13. Ownanat Journeyman

Wow really? Hide is that good? OK thanks I will try a DE enchanter thanks for the info.
  14. Imarabbit Journeyman

i am so excited for enchanter class channel. the highlight of every server for me
  15. brickz Augur

Dark elf hide is unreliable. No matter what race you pick you will want an instant invis clicky.
  16. Loze Elder

If it's anything like Woody Bard hide skill levels, you'll succeed maybe 1 in 4 times.
  17. WokeCat Augur

18. WokeCat Augur

It's actually a 50% chance and is on an 8 second cooldown. You will more than likely get a hide off much faster than you can clear your spell bar, load invis, and waste mana casting a 5-second spell instead of sitting there medding and pressing hide a couple of times.

But y'all are right. Probably better off waiting for Depths of Darkhollow to come out so you can get an invis clicky instead.
  19. Loze Elder

All I know is impatient group members start to get antsy when you charm something to CC it and they have to wait 8 seconds for it to break because hide didn't work.
  20. MMOer Augur

I always go STR... You might LOL but your stats wont matter much and being encumbered from all the loot and gear is a QOL issue that trumps all that other crap.

Regardless Chanter is stupid OP... and fun. You will never want to play a P1999 chanter again after feeling this power. Stats dont really matter that much. Go STR STA CHA or STA CHA
  21. WokeCat Augur

I feel ya, but coin has no weight and 20-40 slot 100% WR bags are abundant now. On P99 as a Gnome Cleric I didn’t have enough STR to wear bronze armor and carry loot..
    I see that as being less of a problem on TLP