Beware of heritage crate illusion resellers.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, May 24, 2021.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I understand. It's just nice to help fellow community members rather than allow scalpers to run rampant. I do think that Darkpaw should sell a guaranteed illusion and mount bundle (e.g. Gnome Heritage Bundle from ToV FnF) for $100+.

It may be a projection of my experience in trying to acquire a Playstation 5. :)
  2. Cicelee Augur

But I do not see how you are helping fellow community members.

Scalpers run rampant literally anywhere, anytime, for anything. That is called an economy.

Now if you wanted to get angry at resellers who sold toilet paper and Clorox wipes for ten times the regular price at the start of the COVID pandemic last year, sure. That is a noble stance and torch to carry.

But you are mad that a halfling illusion might be bought by someone for $180 in six months? I guess good luck on that fight, but in the grand scheme of life an EQ halfling illusion (or a PS5) is completely irrelevant...
    Nennius likes this.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I am amoral about the situation and my OP is voluntary advice with the suggestion of a guaranteed bundle to put in the cash shop.

The reactions in this thread actually shows that Darkpaw should never sell Collector and Premium Editions (illusions and mounts) for anything under $100. It is morally acceptable by the majority of the player base to pay market rates ($100-$300) for illusions.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You honestly expect a reseller to answer that question honestly? At best if they say they are a reseller the price will increase and at worst they won't get the item so they will just say they are not a reseller.
    Zynt and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

It could be Im not understanding something, but arent you a reseller? You bought it from DPG and now you are reselling it.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The distinction is Krono resellers hoarding and scalping versus average Joe trading with average Joe.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

At least average Joe could make more Krono if he pushes the point or sifts out buyers.

So part of this thread succeeds in bringing awareness and cognition of cross-server Krono sellers entrance into the illusion market.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Except that it will have no impact on them at all since they will never admit to buying it just to resell it for a higher price as that could cost them the profit. Unless you recognize someone as a reseller which I think will be unlikely the will never get stopped.

In the end they only do this because people will buy it for the higher price so unless you can stop that you won't stop them from reselling it.

Also I do agree with the fact that it was pointed out that anyone who is selling these is a reseller just a matter of how much they want to charge for it.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

My original post was ambiguous/unclear which is my fault. The distinction was drawn more specifically to Krono resellers entering the illusion market and hoarding/scalping in later posts.

Krono resellers are distinguishable by the same mules that they use for /barter. Very few Krono resellers run around with Level 115 chars (and, if by trading on their 115 chars, habitual resellers are more easily identifiable). They are mostly mules or Level 85 Heroic Chars, otherwise.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And normal players are making toons on servers and leveling them to 20 or making them heroic in order to make these types of purchases and server transfer that to their main. There are legitimate cases where a lower level toon will be making a purchase like that.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The seller can verify that he is selling to an actual main by logging in to the buyer's server. Obviously, it is obtrusive but it could be a worthwhile action for a large transaction.

However, the point on Krono resellers stands - identification by mule or Heroic Character, or a habitual level 115 buyer/seller.
  12. KrakenReality Augur

Most people can’t be bothered to sell items and hate participating in the EQ economy. They just sell things for cheap as quick as possible. I don’t see why that’s an issue.
  13. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Thank you goodie crate item resellers! I appreciate you taking the risk of buying these crates and selling the rewards to me for plat or kronos so I can get the specific item I want!
  14. Angahran Augur

You set the price you want to sell an item for.
    The buyer decides if they are willing to pay that amount.
    What the buyer does after buying the item is not your problem.
    Duder and Nennius like this.
  15. Zynt Augur

I still say you're Lebie Warlock in disguise.
  16. Moege Augur

Yet you are so outraged about the reselling that you start a thread then try multiple times to say that reselling is wrong.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  17. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It's not so much outrage. For the most part, I'm closer to amoral by degrees.

If my post history is any indication, I'm the capitalist of the forums. I've been decried for defending Collector/Premium Editions and RNG crates.

I guess that point that I was trying to make was to encourage selling to people who will actually appreciate the illusions over Krono resellers (scalpers). Previously, Krono resellers would keep LoN and Heritage Crate items untouched.

Disclaimer: I already own and have claimed one of every heritage illusion so far. But I am seeing good people struggling to buy and I have heard reports of a few players owning half a dozen Rivervale Deputy Visages (acquired on the cheap) to sell in the future. If anything, Darkpaw should consider selling a guaranteed heritage illusion and mount bundle (for $100+).
  18. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Because the resellers are going to answer honestly?
  19. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

"We ask them, 'are you the enemy?' and if they say yes we shoot them."
    Celephane likes this.
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Look, I completely understanding wanting to spend/trade less for something you want. However, these in-game "resellers" are trading with players (if not just buying directly) who presumably think what they are getting is a fair price. Should those players get less on your behalf?

And it's not scalping. Crates are not limited like tickets to a concert are or like your shiny new console is on launch day. There is no supply issue with infinite virtual items. You - like them or anyone - have complete access to the source to purchase your own crates and trade them (or not) yourself. That price doesn't change ever.

It is totally legit to avoid the accounts constantly spamming they are buying and selling krono (in-game), or crate items, or whatever, if that seems better or right to you. It's still not the same as these real world examples you are comparing them to. IMO, my 2 cents.

Edit: In the context of this discussion, I have used the word reseller as that's what the posts here have used. That means someone who, in theory, buys things cheap to sell them high later IN-GAME.

3rd party or out of game transactions are not supported. You will get scammed. We will not be able to help you. Action can be taken on your account.