Dumb ? of the day

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Captain Video, May 25, 2021.

1. Captain Video Augur

I wouldn't bother to post this, except it has become really really annoying...

Something has changed with the Advanced Loot window, such that if I am the master looter for my group (whether box or PUG), and I try to use the Loot All button, it keeps prompting me yes/no. I have this prompt turned off in my options, but the setting no longer has any effect. I've twiddled the setting, no effect. I've tried this on Test, same result. I've gone back through six months of patch notes, and I see nothing that could explain. Is this just me, or do others have the same problem?
  2. Nolrog Augur

Check your options (ALT+O). There is a loot all check box. The tool tip says "Toggle whether you want a look all with a confirmation window".

I am not 100% sure if that's the problem but the only thing I can think of.
  3. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Default UI?
    Ran file check on client?

I'm assuming you are talking about clicking Loot All and it's popping up saying "Are you sure you want to Loot All?" Rather than after clicking Loot All you are getting YES/NO popups for NO DROP items. Just asking for the purpose of clarity and understanding.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

That loot all confirmation is only for the classic loot window to prevent you from looting no trade (or lore?) items. There's nothing within the advloot settings to turn off prompts.

Which section are you selecting loot all on?
  5. Captain Video Augur

This is the issue. I have this turned off (first tab in the Options menu). The behavior has changed recently; I used to be able to routinely click the "Loot All" button at the top of the Advanced Loot window, and I would never be prompted. There is not an issue with confirming a pickup of a no-trade item, that behavior has not changed.

I am running the default UI.
  6. Jarsi Lorekeeper

i have had the same issue since the current patch. before it would let me loot all just by clicking it in the personal tab on the window now it does a request window... but in advloot i set auto loot all in edit settings now i just have to free grab items to send to my personal section and it auto loots everything .. that way it keeps you from looting say an aug you meant for a box

not sure what they did to break this but i bet it was adding a box to some random landscape hole in freeport east where an ogre dropped a big stinky or some random spot in norrath
  7. Mims Augur

I'm currently experiencing a different problem with the loot window. It doesn't always open when a mob dies. I have to type in /advloot just so I can loot.
  8. Hegsheoshed Augur

I mapped the advanced loot window to the L button ages ago so I could avoid any unnecessary typing of /advl. No conflicts. The L key isn't default for anything else.
    Velisaris_MS and Nennius like this.
  9. Sissruukk Rogue One

Not sure if this applies, but I know that my advloot window doesn't open when I have already selected things like need/greed or never on loot, and that is all that is being looted.
  10. Mims Augur

That wasn't the case. I was master looter, trying to give things to alts, so I didn't have them checked.
  11. Captain Video Augur

As a solo player, so no master looter status in effect, I can no longer auto-loot from the loot window by clicking the "Loot All" button, it demands a confirmation. But I have the confirmation option turned OFF in the Options menu. This behavior has changed since the last patch. Anyone have any idea why?
    Velisaris_MS likes this.