Bard tlp balance

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by superman, May 24, 2021.

1. superman Augur

Activate sionachie's dream in classic, and dreams of ayonae in kunark.
    While we are talking about all this class balance.

Thank you!
  2. wade_watts Augur

Can confirm, while we are doing class balances across the board - bards need to be adjusted. They should do more dps and their songs should be more powerful w/ an increased base power to make them more on par with other classes.

Fade should be added in classic also.
  3. Nickatropolis Augur

Bards are sort of OP already. They take some time to get going, just like any class besides mage. Top 2 puller class, top 2 charm class, a melee character that can buff the entire group, hp/mana regen, over haste is pretty ridiculous. Fastest runners in the game, zero down time, only class that can cast while running.
  4. FranktheBank Augur

I would not put bard in top 2 charm class. I wouldnt even put them in top 3. Maybe they could be on the same level as druids? even that is a stretch. It really depends on what eras we are talking tbh.
  5. Nickatropolis Augur

sorry to inform you but bards are the second best class in the game at CC and Charming behind enchanters on TLP.
    BreakmanDX likes this.
  6. superman Augur

They aren't from level 45 to 53 which is a pretty significant Gap. A necromancer
    Can mezz all the way up to level 55 I believe with screaming terror. Which is a low-level spell. I would argue that bards are pretty underpowered classic through velius in the group game. Which is fine but the classes strongest abilities are crowd control and it is severely limited at the upper end of the first three expansions
    Xzugh and wade_watts like this.
  7. Slipp New Member

Yet another class balance thread.
  8. Ultrazen Augur

Bards have some serious problems with gaps in songs in various eras. The hole is a great example, up through level 45, and lower guk, Bards are fantastic. You can mez, you can charm, you can use your entire toolset to do a great job of pulling. Sadly, none of that works in the hole because your song level cap isn't high enough. There are numerous examples of that same problem.

Bard songs having level caps, is a problem that was created at some point and never fixed, and it's incredibly annoying. I've been complaining about it for years, and it never even gets acknowledged that they are aware it's a problem.
    BreakmanDX and Xzugh like this.
  9. Xzugh New Member

Bards are super fun and super strong especially in classic but as others have stated there's weird gaps where all of a sudden none of their good songs work on anything you're fighting and you're basically just a garbage tier DPS / song buff bot. I'd prefer to fix the songs gaps/utility stuff than buff our DPS but that's me.
    BreakmanDX likes this.
  10. superman Augur

Yep, that's what I'm talking about is the gap those two songs I mentioned are just their mez songs that become available in luclin. It essentially makes the level cap on their mez the same as enchanters, but you get the cap increase later than enchanters. I'm pretty sure from pop onward their mez level cap is the same throughout every expansion, should just retro it.
  11. BreakmanDX New Member

they can charm any mob, just like ench, doesn't have to be a specific type like druid or necro. It takes more doing than the pure mages but with skill they can charm just as well as a 'true' charm class
  12. Ultrazen Augur

Yah bard charm is great, it just takes a lot more uptime/maintenance on the mob because everything bards do is so short lived. Keeping a mob charmed, AND being able to cycle through your 5 songs etc, and maybe keep another mezzed, that's when things get interesting.
  13. Ultrazen Augur

If they'd fix those bard songs at the end of classic, just those two, I'd jump for joy. It really sucks to hit that wall when the hole opens up, and groups still expect you to pull and don't understand why you suck now lol.
  14. Nickatropolis Augur

can literally do all that with 3 key presses, and some mouse clicks, not very difficult with some practice and proper macro coding.