Let's all farm Spiroc Lord in POSky all day long!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by FinalTidus23, May 25, 2021.

1. FinalTidus23 Lorekeeper

Has something been done to address the farm-ability of Spiroc Lord in POSky?
  2. Dmitry Elder

Oh, look! It's the guy that calls the cops on the party cause the music's too loud....
    Lejaun likes this.
  3. Dre. Altoholic

You're a little late for the "Make Epics Suck Again" patch.
    xmPradah likes this.
  4. FinalTidus23 Lorekeeper

I mean on Mischief are our guilds going to farm Spiroc Lord for the random loot table for 4 hours?

Dmitry - I really don't think you want Spiroc Lord being spawned over and over and single mindedly farmed. That might sound good right now but I think a week or two of that will get old quick.
  5. Dmitry Elder

No, some will farm Sister.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I very highly doubt that a raid mob that can be repeat spawned at will is going to be included in the random loot system, individual mobs can be selectively not included in the system so expect this "special case" to apply to mobs such as the Spiroc Lord.

I could be wrong of course, but I think Raid Loot "infinite Pez dispensers" are not something the devs will allow.
    Accipiter and Zansobar like this.
  7. WokeCat Augur

Kind of have to wonder how good Dragon Loot will actually be

like won't Cloak of Flames be inferior when most PoSKY haste items in the game are trade-able?
  8. FinalTidus23 Lorekeeper

Oh ok man lol
  9. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Spiroc Lord is level 63, the only mobs even close to him in level are also bosses from Sky.

Even if his loot is randomized with creatures of his level it might just mean your guild sees those elusive Bazzt Bzzt items for the first time. Unlikely that it would include stuff from Dragons/Hate/Fear.

Wasn't a problem before, isn't a problem now.
    Aelfwine, jeskola and Skuz like this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Problems happen, then they get fixed, especially if they benefit players way too much or block progression. Something probably will go wrong, then it'll get hot-fixed or the servers will come down to make the fix, not like that hasn't happened before.
    With such a new & experimental loot system there are bound to be cases they had not spotted could happen or happened in spite of their best laid plans.

Nobody said they were perfect.
  11. HoodenShuklak Augur

As long as it's a challenging fight then of course.
  12. Zanarnar Augur

If you want to farm sky loot, I'm guessing he will be the way.

If you want to farm Naggy/Vox loot, find Raid mobs in the 51-55 range. Keep in mind he is a Raid Encounter, so you won't get his drops from "Rare Creatures", only other Raid Encounters. (So Vox, Naggy, and Phinny should share a loot table)
    Skuz likes this.
  13. xmPradah Not a dude

I think it's laughable that Phinny is considered a raid mob, personally.
    Have they stated epic pieces will drop from other (new/random) mobs on Mischief/Thornblade? Wouldn't this alter the entire quest line/lore/sequence/text? Seems like this would be something they'd like to avoid.
  14. Nickatropolis Augur

The future is getting posky items in commonlands.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Conjecture until the server is open, no player knows for sure yet though I suspect you're guessing correctly.
    Bobbybick and Nickatropolis like this.
  16. Zanarnar Augur

I'll be interested to see how they handle future epic 1.0 items that are actually in and of themselves useful in classic. Like the elemental staves for mages. I'm hoping those get the loot shuffle. Oh and I guess Eye, Innoruuk, and Cazic will share a loot table too. So Spiroc Lord won't get you all of sky's loot table. (Just 61-65 raid encounters)

Of course, this is assuming a 5 level grouping. It's my working guess but until tomorrow, its just that.
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

Did you play in 2000?
    xmPradah likes this.
  18. Elabone Augur

Its amazing how many people dont understand this concept...
  19. xmPradah Not a dude

Indeed, I did! I've been playing since June 1999 - and back then - YES - I could see it. But too many changes have been made that, essentially, makes Phinny a viable 2-3 group target in era these days!

Don't get me wrong, I love the changes - I just giggle when I see Phinny on kill trackers these days :)
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

AFAIK they don't demote former raid mobs. :)