If Thornblade and Mischief are full...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zansobar, May 24, 2021.

1. Zansobar Augur

DPG do you have a plan to spin up an overflow server at launch?

The response to this new ruleset has been overwhelming. I am seeing a constant stream of new players joining our guild and 90% of them haven't played Everquest in years if not decades. Given that most of the normal TLP audience will probably also be playing, I am a bit worried that two servers will not be enough to handle the population influx.

Any chance you have contingency plans to spin up a third server to act as an overflow so you don't immediately lose all these customers coming back to the game simply because they can't log in?
  2. Lejaun Augur

They won't, and its not really needed. With two identical servers at startup, it will be very hectic and busy for the first few days but start evening out.

Most will flock to Mischief, and many will realize that trying to log on there is going to be terrible. If they aren't committed to a specific guild, some will make the smart choice and go to Thornblade for easier login queues and more camps available.

That switching over, plus the initial TLP surge evening out, will balance the two servers better and they should both be good to go after a week or so.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Zinkeh Augur

Hell I just wanna know which will be the lower pop less dramaa server and which will be the one where the Botlords and the RMT Mabbu crowd will be.
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Kumiko_Lockjaw Elder

According to the guild recruit list:

<TMM>
    Mischief or Thornblade? Thornblade
  5. Barder-mangler Augur

This go round the bots will (primarily) be on Mischief, and a large group of krono lords will indeed be on Thornblade. But there is a literal GKDP behemoth (600+ member now I think?) going to Mischief*, so you can rest assured there will also be lots of krono lording there too lol.
  6. Zansobar Augur

You mean going to Mischief, right? Not, Aradune.
  7. Kylo Classic Augur

I don't think there will be queues at all.
  8. Barder-mangler Augur

Yes, thanks, I definitely did mean Mischief, NOT Aradune :)

Side note, Willy, I don't hate any guild (I'm actually a member of one of the aforementioned *big* guilds) I was just referring back to the OP's question about krono lording. Larger guilds tend to have a larger impact on the economy (more loot), and typically more people that are willing to sell said loot.
  9. Xanathol Augur

There won't be a need for a 3rd server, especially when pre-formed guilds are announcing for Mischief instead of Thornblade at nearly a 2:1 rate (16 so far for Mischief, 9 for Thornblade). If people can't spread themselves out amoung two servers, there's no business case for a third.
  10. Captain Video Augur

If Mischief and Thornblade are full...

Roll on Aradune. It will be nice and quiet.
  11. Zansobar Augur

You do realize I said if BOTH servers are full, right?
  12. Lejaun Augur

Or Rizlona, where even when it is full people still don't speak to each other.
  13. FranktheBank Augur

Bother servers being 'full' at launch doesnt mean you need a 3rd server. You dont design for a 1 week rush.
    Skuz, Appren and Nolrog like this.
  14. Nolrog Augur

^^^ This.

Opening a new server always has a rush of players. That will spread out as people fall into their normal routines of play time and some will decide not to stay. Plus they increased the amount of people each server can hold.

There is no reason for a 3rd.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Xanathol Augur

You do realize there's no way both are full if 2/3rds of the guilds are on one, right? Reading comprehension is not a luxury, but a requirement.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. ZoeEQ New Member

How can they be full if no one has an exact time to rush into the servers at the same time? :p
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They have already announced the time and it is noon pdt
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Geoux Lorekeeper

What guild is this?
  19. Lejaun Augur

*cough* You mean 7pm, right? *cough*
    Fenthen and Silver-Crow like this.
  20. MMOer Augur

So looked that over... seeks like most on M are going GDKP and most on TB are going DKP.

Not sure which system I like more. Both have advantages.