Are we really going to have a mischief server without gnome hybrids? Really?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Batbener, May 24, 2021.

1. Batbener Augur

Actually I want halfling rangers, but it is what it is.
  2. Arclyte Augur

gnomes are scum and so are you
    Scornn likes this.
  3. Lejaun Augur

Just make a whatever race with your class, then race change. Not ideal, but its the way for now.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yes, really

Gnome Shadowknights and Gnome Paladins are locked to Luclin, just like Halfling Paladins & Rangers are.

Gnome Rangers & Gnome Beastlords will (probably) never happen.

Here's a deal, you can have Halfling Rangers at launch when Berserkers & Beastlords are available at launch too.
    MischiefMaker likes this.
  5. FranktheBank Augur

Barbarian Paladins when?
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Nolrog Augur

Not the same. New race/class combinations are not remotely comparable to making classes available at launch. You know how much people would complain about not getting epics when everyone else can.
  7. WokeCat Augur

I found this interesting as well. Erudite Shadow Knights and even Paineel will be in the game at launch... although I think Paineel and Erud SKs were always intended for classic EQ, but they released the game early or something?
  8. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

You bring up a great point, a lot of players would raise all kinds of hell if they got to play the class they wanted, but couldn't do their epic for a few more expansions. I know from discussions on my guild's Discord that most there would jump at the chance to play though, even knowing the restriction.

It could be worth the time for JChan to put together a poll for a future TLP regarding just that. Allowing berserkers to be available at a Classic launch, even though the epic wouldn't be available til GoD. I'm not going to hold my breath of course, for the change and especially not the poll. But it would be a nice surprise.
  9. Dmitry Elder

Why would anyone ever play a race other than gnome on any server let alone a MISCHIEF server.

Once you go gnome you can never go home BABAY!
    Doranur_Aleguzzler likes this.
  10. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

GNOMERCY!!!
  11. Dre. Altoholic

Bristlebane's ultimate gag would be a no-hafling server.
    Doranur_Aleguzzler and Skuz like this.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Somebody make this happen please. (jk)
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

This is not as big an issue as it is made out to be, it mostly boils down to managing expectations effectively.

At class creation if the game informed you about the epic situation, with a supporting in game mail that cannot be deleted until after you complete your epic I think that would mitigate the issue for new players & veterans are already fully aware.

After all there are perfectly suitable weapon choices for Beastlord & Berserker in the expansions preceding the ones their epics are tied into, and race change potions are there for players who wish to change to Vah Shir once Luclin unlocks.
  14. samenye Lorekeeper

You could delete the halfling models - then they'll appear as bald male humans? :)

Personally, I think they should rollout the classic RV theme to all high traffic dungeons, along with some kind of check on your speaker & volume settings. No full blast RV theme, no XP.
  15. WokeCat Augur

removing enchanters from the server would do wonders.
  16. KRYGZ Lorekeeper

I highly doubt there would be a lot of people complaining about not getting their epic in kunark vs being able to just play the class. I would think most would be fine going without the epic, It is not a make or break situation
  17. Tweakfour17 Augur

I bet there would be more people complaining about being unable to do their epic at the same time as everyone else than their currently is people advocating for bst/ber in classic. People love to complain.
  18. KRYGZ Lorekeeper

some will complain but not as many as you think
  19. Nolrog Augur

This is the EQ Live community. They were planning mass protests, letter writing campaigns and phone calls when they changed it so you had to log in once a month to claim your free 500 station cash. They didn't even reduce the amount or anything, just said we want you to log in, click claim.

There is no amount of managing that would stop the repeated posts, it's not fair that everyone else can do epics and I cannot and would create a burden on Customer Service.

The only fair thing to do would be to release zerkers and beastlords but then make it so no one can do epics until Gates (yes, I am being facetious).
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That's why I said the expectations need to be managed & suggested how to do that.

Any change will have some complaining, I bet there will be some folks who complained that Beastlords & Berserkers can start on a TLP at launch just because those classes were never in classic.

But people get over it eventually, I don't think the fear of the transient complaining should be a considered a major impediment to making changes that have long term benefits.