Caster Damage in TSS?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by I'm Not A Robot, May 24, 2021.

1. I'm Not A Robot Lorekeeper

Just was curious if anyone is able to share how Mages, Wizards and Necros are doing on raids during TSS now compared to melee classes? I always hear everyone say you just have to stick it out longer and things start to balance out better, is TSS the point where it starts to happen?

I'm looking to play a caster on one of the new TLPs, just trying to get an idea of what is in store for me in the long run.
  2. Nicorus Elder

It still isn’t great but it is better. Fully buffed melee will still do 25+% more damage on most fights.

Mages seem decent but we have so few main necros and wizards it’s hard to even say at this point... it’s a long wait to still be mediocre.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

Honestly as eq matures the game is less and less min maxy and you just play what you like. You also become more reliant on synergies if you really want to max out.

Beyond that, its easy to change classes with the speed of tlp exp.... so rather than ride it out, you can just change your class and enjoy them in different eras. As long as you're not a warrior, nobody would probably care 1 iota. They'd rather keep the player as attrition has set in big time.
  4. error Augur

If it's just like plain autoattack vs spell spam, the balance isn't too bad. The second melee hit their burns they just fly so far ahead it'd be really hard for a caster to make up the difference. Also a lot of elemental resistances to take into account in TSS, depending on the specific target there's a good chance you'll be forced to use suboptimal nukes.
  5. Mrjon3s Augur

Necros should start pulling ahead TSS is when they get revamped dots.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Good Wizards in TSS can parse in the top 10 in Frostcrypt but in Ashengate they had a harder time.
    Not sure how Magicians were in that era, and as already said above Necromancers should be seeing revamp improvements in TSS.
  7. Lateryn Augur

I'd actually late EQ is pretty min/max. With more DPS checks and such. You have to coordinate adps more and have to actually manage debuff slots(aka you ban some classes from using their abilities because they are not worth it and limiting necros on raid for example).
    Skuz and Mithra like this.
  8. Fybbas New Member

Playing a necro on Mangler I've definitely noticed an improvement to where I am coming on parses with these revamped dots. Still below the good melee of course, but definitely seeing improvements (I think we get another revamped dot line or two in TBS?).
    Whatever caster you decide on playing just be ready for the year of downtime you get in the 70 era, that era sucks as a caster no matter which one you choose.
  9. Boze TLP complaint factory

TSS is almost there. It's like 85+ where it felt like a lot of the DPS classes really started balancing out. Mages will start absolutely dominating parses in SoF with the __ of Many line of spells. On Phinny in the 80s era it was hilarious how well they just dunked on all other DPS classes.