Should we normalize exp further?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Montag, May 22, 2021.

1. Montag Augur

Dude it’s literally typing in a bunch of numbers.
  2. Montag Augur

Adjusting numbers in a table or database isn’t that risky, bruv.
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

Skuz likes this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That would be fine if they were all equidistant, equally risky, equal mob density, equal spawn timers, equally ...yeah, there's got to be some kinda bonus to travelling to a harder spot in a father place or all you get is lowest common denominator.
  5. Montag Augur

Okay, well that’s ALREADY completely screwed up with crap exp in many more remote zones and great ZEMS in easy zones. And so what if they’re all brought up to whatever the current best ZEM is? All the best and second best ZEM zones are where people have been going for years anyway so it’s not gonna make it too easy or whatever you’re afraid of.

Luclin essentially has two exp zones, PC and GE, sure you’ll occasionally see people in other zones but it’s rare cause the exp isn’t worth the trouble. We have this whole huge world and 99% of it goes to waste cause of terrible ZEMs.
  6. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Then why aren't you already working for them, fixing stuff that's so easy to fix? Please, share your wisdom and expertise.
  7. Zinth Augur

Sarnak used to be awesome (newbie zone exp modifier) until they nerfed it HARD because of like 10 underwater goblins that high levels used to permacamp... so basically killed the whole zone because of a couple of mobs...
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Roll back a page - https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...we-normalize-exp-further.275276/#post-4030291
  9. WokeCat Augur

I didn't realize this... I remember Sarnak Fort as being like... THE place to level when I was a kid. I always tell people that Lake of Ill Omen was the original Barrens chat, but most people never played EQ and have no idea what I'm talking about.
  10. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

It was the toxic chat in LOIO that brought on the negative ZEM. On my server we didn't have a high level player issue, it was the toxicity in chat channels. So you're correct, friend.
  11. samenye Lorekeeper

I loved original LOIO when it had 100+ people in it (including the /ooc - but maybe we just had fewer a$$hats on my server or my non-US prime playtime was a factor). For me, the original Lake typifies EQ1's positioning between "themepark" and "sandbox". Like an adventure playground - organised for fun, but still possible to break something.
  12. Gnothappening Augur

I get what you are saying but I would like it if exp was all the same and gear was the reason to go to other areas.
  13. Lejaun Augur

Wait.....leveling in Paludal Caverns was mandatory? Dang, I missed that memo and leveled multiple alts elsewhere. Probably going to get a hefty fine, now.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

We're all guessing. However, I'm with those that say it's pretty easy.
  15. Lejaun Augur

I suspect that the ease in fixing issues in EQ are somewhere between the two extremes of "We can't fix anything because of the spaghetti code" mantra and the "it would be simple to fix" group.