Did Daybreak roll back characters?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Yidain Deathsbane, May 20, 2021.

1. Yidain Deathsbane New Member

I just recovered my account after having not played hardcore since Scars of Velious although I did make a Froglok when Legacy of Ykesha came out

I know for sure my cleric was at least level 60 and logged out in that expansions area but when I recovered my guy, he was level 53 and in the Dreadlands.

Did Daybreak rollback characters or did the recover process start me at a past point in my progression? Also as I'm typing this my cleric has fallen in pool of water in Qeynos and I have no idea how to get him out because it seems I can't jump.
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You'll need to look straight up and swim or find a shallower ledge to jump out at.

There's no reason your character wouldn't be the same level it was previously, after recovering an account. ...how long has it been since you logged into that cleric?
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

So it's been about 18 years since you last logged in... I don't know about you, but I have trouble remembering what zone I was in when I logged off last Tuesday, let alone 18 years ago.

As for the lost levels, perhaps you let a necromancer sacrifice you back in 2003 since you were quitting? Or perhaps someone else had access to your account and did that, or they died a bunch. Hard to say, but just arbitrarily rolling an 18 year old character back by 7 levels isn't really a thing that happens.

Good news is you could regain those levels in a pretty casual afternoon of play with today's xp rates and a tank mercenary!
  4. Yidain Deathsbane New Member

I would say I have not played this cleric in 17 years. It was a shock seeing my level at 53 and logging in in front of Castle Kunark when know I was playing in Velious when I stopped playing.

Oh well, I think I'm going to play on the Mischief server anyway so no biggie.

I'm just having fun running around the Qeynos area and visiting Odus my home island:).

I got out of the water btw:)

Also, where are the people hanging out at if I just want to look at high level toons in their gear?
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Welcome back
  6. lolly Elder

probably not relevant, but i seem to remember that jumping out of water cant be done if u have levi on - check that if you are still swimming about (unlikely!)
  7. Vumad Cape Wearer

Our memories are not as good as we think they. Remember this thread next time you get in an argument with someone.
  8. Flatchy Court Jester

Go look in front of the guild hall by the daily task giver in POK. Should be a giant lag pile for you to look at.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

depends on your server. For most it is in the lobby.
  10. Hegsheoshed Augur

Spells would still be in the spell book if they had been sacrificed.