Fixed Unequipping/equipping gear creating "Ghost" duplicate items.

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Sythrak20, May 23, 2021.

1. Sythrak20 Elder

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet. When you left click on an item fast enough to unequip/equip multiple times, a "ghost" duplicate of the item is left on your cursor that usually disappears when you try to use it or equip it. Sometimes it will stay in your bags until you try to pick it back up or equip it.
    Thunderkiks, Rondor, Froglok and 4 others like this.
  2. NinjutsuMMO Augur

yep, happens to me daily now...
  3. Mithra Augur

Super annoying, even seems like it's a real item for a bit if you try dupe a wrist and put it on stats change. They always poof if you try to do anything so not sure it is possible to permanent acquire dupe.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Just curious...did this start happening before or after the last patch that put the item comparisons on the descriptions?
  5. Froglok Augur

I had this happen. I was taking off a Helm and then picking up my chest item. It appeared a lag spike or something jumped in between clicks and suddenly my BP was gone and I had two of the helms. Once I zoned, the BP returned and the dupe Helm went away.
  6. Sythrak20 Elder

Sooo there's def a way to at least temporarily dupe items with this (and keep them till you zone). I think this probably needs to go to the top of the list of bugs to fix. I was able to replicate and equip several lore items lol.

This started happening after the patch.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

Could be related to the item comparison changes that went in.
  8. Fenthen aka Rath

9. Froglok Augur

I can't help but wonder if this is related to a seemingly secret micro-delay Devs added seemingly added to the game.

Been seeing "You cannot perform that action right now. Please try again in a moment." on a regular basis, lately.
  10. Windance Augur

I first noticed it after the July patch. Doesn't happen often but when it does its supper annoying.
  11. Jumbur Improved Familiar

/tinfoil-hat

They are trying to optimize client-server sync-messages in order to combat server lag.
    The bug is when they go too far, in one of their optimization schemes.

They are trying out different strategies and this time it backfired...
    At least that is my theory.
  12. Calandria New Member

My husband found the same or a similar bug the week of Memorial Day (he did report it using /bug). It acted exactly the same, but the items stayed intact until you zoned or logged. IIRC they were tradeable too, but again would disappear when zoning or logging. They were equipable. If I had to guess, they fixed that they were equipable and tradeable as a quick "fix", and are working on a fix to stop it from happening in the first place.