Which class will be your main on the new progression and why?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by SleezerGeezer, May 22, 2021.

1. SleezerGeezer Elder

Magician, EQ's easiest caster class to play.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

none - no zerker, no bueno 8(
    crag79 and Triconix like this.
  3. Numiko Augur

What there are hard classes to play in EQ?

With modern player power vs classic content every class is a snooze fest to 50.
  4. Haldi Elder

Magician is good but sucks post 30 compared to alot of classes.
    Nickatropolis likes this.
  5. Vaile Journeyman

Chanters have always been my favorite, but kinda wanna play a cleric this time. I know I’ll hate not always having breeze/clarity so I may end up two boxing even though I’ve never done it before.
  6. Turie New Member

Haven't really played eq1, but in eq2 my main was always a bard. Think I might try shaman here, the buffs/debuffs are similar to the eq2 bard and being able to heal and slow could be fun. Also considering monk as it seems a bit like my old TK on SWG, sometimes you just want to punch things!
    Nickatropolis likes this.
  7. qwert New Member

Druid so i can PL a BL when Luclin comes around.
    Yinla and samenye like this.
  8. Nolrog Augur

Shadowknight. My buddy and I were able to do a lot of stuff on Phinigel, but the lack of a pure tank is what kept us from doing everything we wanted. So going SK with Shaman and Wizard boxes.
    Nickatropolis and Skuz like this.
  9. Laronk Augur

I think by easy they mean very low input relatively speaking. (I realize compared to any class or content at 115, 1-50 is faceroll)
    To the OP I am thinking necro, seems fun. Or druid or both. Though I've always gone paladin so maybe SK =)
  10. Lejaun Augur

I'll be playing a Morabaclenwizogueior.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  11. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

It's a wizard's life for me. Picked it because I have played the class before, and I think I do a pretty damn good job at it. Also, once we can hit the Planes, wizards will be needed to get people to Sky and Hate. Also early on, wizards really aren't gear dependent as other classes are.
  12. Montag Augur

They are very similar to an SWG TK.
  13. Sycopata Elder

Warrior+cleric, for form groups.
  14. Vexosis Journeyman

I’ve decided on a Druid box and either a monk, ranger, or necro as my main. At this point I flip flop every few hours on what I should do.
    Thewiz likes this.
  15. samenye Lorekeeper

Ranger because I like dying. Friend playing a shaman or SK. May add a cleric box.

We don't raid, so that side isn't relevant.
  16. Bristlebard New Member

Will be so nice being able to acquire raid gear without raiding on this server! Looking forward to spending a lot more time having fun...and I consider the group game more fun.
    BreakmanDX likes this.
  17. Kumiko_Lockjaw Elder

Buymuhstuff auctions: Wts BoC 200k
    "Mmhh, maybe one of our tanks just quit."

Mysupersales auctions: Wts Bloodfrenzy 850k
    "Ouch, Joe is quitting."
  18. BreakmanDX New Member

Bard, because:
    1) it's one of my favorite classes but I haven't played it in forever
    2) wow classic reminded me how bad I missed this class and how nothing in any other MMO really feels like it, even though they tried to do it with wow shamans but it's just not the same
    3) they're pretty much guaranteed to be one of the less-played of the sought-after classes, and even less-played and more sought-after will be non-boxed ones
    4) they can fit in any group anywhere at any level pretty much which will be fun for the flexibility this server provides
    5) they can get around fast as hell which will also be handy for running around trying different camps and groups on this server
    6) they don't NEED great equipment to be good but CAN wear and benefit from all kinds of gear and stats, so no matter how good or bad or up or down or crazy the gear situation ends up looking here it'll all be good as a bard
    7) playing such an active and attention-demanding class will ensure i don't go afk or let my mind wander as much as some other classes might
    8) I've only ever really played the class on P99 and would love to see and get used to the differences here

I think that's enough reasons. I'm also feeling pulled to make him a human with a bushy moustache even if they're statistically inferior to elves for bards I guess, but hey, a lil' more str and stam when I'm inevitably gonna ghetto-tank early on in plenty of groups won't hurt.
  19. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Thinking up a bunch of different possibilities but the reality is I'll be going monk like I always do.
  20. SleezerGeezer Elder

I still haven't decided yet. Probably a Druid and a Magician or Wizard. Same account.