Turning off 1st persona auto attack animation?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Magneress, May 22, 2021.

1. Magneress Augur

Is there a way?

My lil froggy lunges forward and I get a little seasick, i mostly just scroll out or change my view a lil, but i prefer to run around in 1st person. So it's not the end of the world as there is that option.

I wouldn't mind if the animation were a little slower and didn't jar my eyes some (not a complaint about the prettyness of the game) just my brain.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

Drakkin have the opposite problem in first person. I hit attack on my drakkin SK...and nothing. No movement at all. If it wasn't for the red flashing around the character info box, I would have no way of telling he's even doing anythying without changing the camera or tabbing over to another toon that's looking at him.

Drakking character animations are the absolute suck.
    Magneress likes this.
  3. Magneress Augur

Sorry to hear that :( on the whole froggy animations are fun ) i love their /faint animation lol
  4. Dahaman Augur

I wish they would put in an option in the UI to toggle this jerking motion when swinging in combat in 1st person mode. It's obviously an option as certain illusions, races, and mounts turn it off. I posted this request a LONG time ago on the quality of life thread. It was ignored.

Here are two solutions for you, both less than ideal:
    - use a mount
    - use certain illusions all the time

My iksar SK has the same jerking motion. I box a shaman with the group werewolf illusion AA active. It removes that jerking motion completely.
  5. Flatchy Court Jester

I play in first person as well (yes im an unwashed heathen) I can def tell when I have an illusion on as he fighting motion is way diff. Since I box Im not usually looking at Flatchys screen so I set up an audio alarm to tell me when I am not hitting my target. Sometimes you get pushed out of the way or mob moves or what not so It alerts me to get him back into position. I also used to play with the music on so could always tell when I hit attack. Now I count on my bobbing motion to let me know that. Just mentioning these other things in case you do try to switch to an illusion.
  6. Cronar Elder

I am one who wishes that the devs would put in a command to disable combat head bob as well as screen shake movement on mounts.
  7. Magneress Augur

cool i'll give riding a mount shot, upside is i mainly play casters, so at some point i dont melee as much