Kill Stealing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Boodas0121, May 21, 2021.

1. Magician9001 Augur

Cool so now i just "KS" the named with a Harm touch or instant click DD wand.
    Most DPS is the best system for an open world game.
  2. Laronk Augur

I know they're not recognized that's why I said if someone takes a mob/named I feel is mine, that I have been camping I'm going to try to keep it.

It sounds like you're probably a little turd that walked in on someones camp who was 65 and felt you should get the named because you ran in there and touched it first.

While camps are not recognized, most players actually try to play nice with each other and if you're not trying to camp too much for your group they just let you have it... most of the time. At the start of a TLP it's a little more chaotic but it calms down. There's always jerks, generally if someone is there first and isn't afk and is clearing their "camp" you should just let them have it if you can.
  3. Febb Augur

This is what ya get in a open world sandbox game. If you don't want people killing your stuff, play in an expansion where content is instanced.
  4. Machen New Member

You don't. Your other option is to out dps him.

You chose to xp in a spot that's a very valuable farm for max level people. Rage all you want, but you set yourself up for this outcome.
  5. Lejaun Augur

I have no idea why people think our community isn't very nice.
  6. Lejaun Augur

We can argue forever about what ruleset is best and how to best address these situations. Ultimately, its a social interaction engagement, and players like this have no reason to play civilly. Its to their advantage to take the "might is right" approach because the rest of the player base doesn't care enough about the player being bullied. And even if the player base did, the aggressor would still take what they want, give it to their main/alts as they want, and at the very worst just change names.

Its a telling part of modern society.
  7. Laronk Augur

We actually have a very nice community, go play dota or league of legends, or go play wow. I much prefer the everquest community.
  8. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I'm starting to think he isn't actually quitting...
    Ruhi, Bardy McFly and Machen like this.
  9. Lejaun Augur

Does anyone actually ever quit Everquest? Drug dealers have a higher percentage of clients who quit and never come back than EQ does.
    Appren likes this.
  10. Magician9001 Augur

Karen please
  11. Lejaun Augur

Dude, good one ! Only thing better would have been the "I know you are, but what am I?" classic.
  12. code-zero Augur

Oh yeah people remembering the good old days when they could ring up a pet guide or GM to come clear a camp for them and remove the competition. I wonder if it might occur to any of those people that they may not get a sympathetic ear when they called for help
  13. Lejaun Augur

I think it was more of people had a greater amount of courtesy. Camps were more recognized and kill stealing was frowned upon. People actually got booted out of guilds for certain behavior.

Today, you have the same people claiming they are glad it isn't lawyerquest anymore, spouting the "camps aren't recognized" and "DPS determines right" mantras, with guilds encouraging doing whatever it takes to get what you want, or just ignoring said behavior.

Most of us are smart enough to recognize that certain behavior, even if it is OK by the rules, isn't the friendliest behavior. It's just that some are willing to recognize what is and isn't sociable behaviour that encourages a community to game enjoyably together, and what is just abusing the rules in place because they have some amazing ability to throw on a couple DoTs or nukes or whatever and can take what they want.
  14. Mr Blue Sky Elder

Lol this forum can be such a cess pit. It's like a infected cyst that pops up and spews puss whenever someone dares to complain.
    Players in game are much friendlier in my opinion. However not all clearly.

Mischief will be the worst server ever I suspect for this. He who cheats best rules.
  15. Sycopata Elder

Its all about lucky, you can find people who respect camps, and people who no respect it, normaly the ones who respect it, are people who try comunicate, if some one come to your camp, say nothing and stay nex the ph spawn, asume he want the kill, then evaluate if you can win the DPS race, if you cant, just log out and try tomorrow. Stay in the camp killing PH until he KS, just burn out you. Write his name in your black list, maybe he need your help in the future... A rez, a port, a buff, a group invitation...
  16. yerm Augur

Some of us actually played back when camps were still a thing but after wow when eq had settled down. I remember a rival guild on combine holding a lguk camp for over a week straight just cycling their members through and always having it locked. I remember a guild on fippy who lost ct and proceeded to call it camped and literally had people in pofear for the entire reapawn of cazic; made my boogie soloing hell. I've been on the controlling side too, where I called a camp and just locked it down and had friends coming and going and the people asking to be on a list or let them know when I leave never got anywhere.

No thanks.

Damage wins all is a rough, unforgiving, and unfriendly system. But it's easy to understand and deal with. If someone is bullying you at least you have a chance; with camp rules they can just out-nolife you and you'll come home from work to mostly bad options. Good luck getting a vp or vt key quest done for instance.
  17. Lejaun Augur

Pretty much what ends up happening with the top 1-3 guilds, isn't it? They have a massive force, zerg the keys until they have all they want, and until then no one else really has a good shot at them.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

I tried. /sigh
  19. Boodas0121 New Member

Laronk sounds like you're probably one of the jerks that ruin the game. To begin with there wasn't even a named involved so why don't you shut your ignorant no nothing face.
  20. Boodas0121 New Member

Does the biggest % of people in this forum just run their mouth to be talking like you?