The One Thing That Should Be No-trade on Mischief

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HoodenShuklak, May 21, 2021.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

What do you think?

Kronors.
    Veteran_BetaTester and Jinxiejay like this.
  2. jiri_ Augur

Yes please
  3. Jakuk Lorekeeper

I actually like this idea for only one real reason, and that is that items will maintain it's value longer (slower depreciation) without Krono being the driving force. However, if you think this will stop RMT, you are wrong people will still try and sell items/plat for RMT. The largest reason people play on new servers these days is to make krono for various reasons. I would say Krono is the driving force of TLPs not repeating old raids/same content over and over. However this still a chunk of the community that loves to repeat content, it is just not the #1 reason why people play in my opinion.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

I'd be great with Kronors being no drop.
    I'd prefer Krono to stay tradable, though.
    code-zero likes this.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

SONH and Kaesora ground shards.
    Crabman and Skuz like this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This would just move krono trades to other servers and people would get scammed out of either the krono or the item. All this would do is cause people to get scammed and Daybreak to have more problems to deal with.
    Xanadas, Duder, code-zero and 5 others like this.
  7. Pinbin Journeyman

Yep. Nailed it. Just more work for them, and also potentially less krono sales. It's not going to happen.
    code-zero, Yteran and Skuz like this.
  8. Elabone Augur

Won't stop randoms from picking it up and never seeing another piece.
  9. coltongrundy Augur

That defeats the whole purpose of this server: to sell krono.
    code-zero and Lejaun like this.
  10. Laronk Augur

No the purpose is to have fun
  11. coltongrundy Augur

EG7 did not acquire daybreak because they want you to have fun. It's a business, they're here to make money. A free trade server exists to sell krono.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

[IMG]
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  13. Lejaun Augur

TLP = big surge in Darkpaw cash to buy potions, krono sales, bag sales, and subscriptions. After the rush to max level and the randoms who won't stay past a month, sales dip back down again. Krono however keep getting purchased.

It is of no benefit to DPG to take away one of their major sales on a TLP.
  14. coltongrundy Augur

because they don't care if it's fun, the care if it's profitable. why is this so hard for you people to understand?
  15. Nolrog Augur

To Daybreak, it's a way to make money. To players it's a way to have fun. And if it's not fun, it won't be profitable

What's so hard for you to understand?
    Skuz and Accipiter like this.
  16. Nolrog Augur

It's funny that people think that making Krono no trade will eliminate krono farming and RMT sales. Yet there are 3rd party sites that exist for this purpose and if you go far enough back, people used to try to sell characters on e-Bay (you are not buying my character, you are paying for the time I have invested to develop this character). Not to mention the fact that Darkpaw makes money on the sale of them and that helps keep the game running.
    Bardy McFly and Skuz like this.
  17. FrodeEQ Journeyman

Then it would be back to the old days of plat farmers. Would not make a difference, instead of krono, people would farm plat and sell that on third party websites. In terms of RMT it would make no difference at all.

However, a plat only server would slow down the exterior twinking on the server making it more difficult to boost your new TLP account with your main on another server. I don't know, I think the ability for people to spice your character within the EULA is an attractive thing that would make TLP's less popular for a lot of people if they remove it.
    Bardy McFly and Skuz like this.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

Because if it isn't fun, it can't be profitable?
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Kylo Classic Augur

Food and Water.
  20. Pseudofate Augur

Neat. Someone else uses this gif.

Great movie.