Kill Stealing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Boodas0121, May 21, 2021.

1. error Augur

That's not really removing the advantage such a system provides to 3rd party application users being guaranteed to get in the initial claim over legitimate players. The ability to kill the named is rarely the problem, it's outdpsing the competition. You can have something like a roll-off between everyone who damages it in the first X seconds, some games do that, but is that really fair that one guy can KS your entire group because he got a lucky roll? You can keep adding conditionals but ultimately you're not really solving any problems.

DPS race is essentially the fairest option you can have short of GMs enforcing camps, and realistically they're never going to have that level of intervention with the limited manpower they have assigned to modern EQ.
  2. Boodas0121 New Member

It wasn't a mob..it was several and on different occasions...and followed me in the zone
  3. Kahna Augur

Yeah, cause stuff like this never happened on any other server... oh... wait... people like this have been complaining since Ragefire.
  4. Xhartor Augur

The old play nice rules generate to many CS tickets on TLP servers. Most (Not all) of the players that don't respect other players tend to move when a new TLP is released. There more krono to be made in the earlier expansions, and next one coming is free trade. So you should see a decrease in jerk population among the players.
  5. Thrawnseg Augur

CS has been the playground of 60’s and 65’s since velious. Arctic Wyvern Hide and Othmir Fur sells for $$$. Surprised you even had mobs to pull to try to kill.
    Siah likes this.
  6. Boodas0121 New Member

Its not just there its several zones on the Aradune server... I used to play on other servers 15 years ago..it was never this bad.
  7. Boodas0121 New Member

So yes its harassment. Your probably one of the ones KSing players.
  8. Boodas0121 New Member

Very well said
  9. Lejaun Augur

Was this particular character a necro?
  10. Boodas0121 New Member

It not only ruins the game...are the higher levels the only ones allowed to make money....low levels need spells and gear too. DB dont care about rules or players , its all about making money. Go to the servers and look at all the players violating rules and nothing is done. Aradune is a good example...players stand at the MB all night for GBs. Now ask yourself how, normally after a period of time the game kicks you out. Yet DB does nothing about it
  11. Boodas0121 New Member

I cant imagine what kind of person would think this players toxic behavior is ok...for your information this player has done it several times, and I pay like everyone else and should have the right of fair-play gaming experience. I shouldn't have to leave a zone every time they show up.
  12. Lejaun Augur

Welcome to Everquest 2021, where reputation means nothing and selfishness rules supreme. Sorry, but you aren't going to get any sympathy here on the forums. People here are sharks, and you are the blood in the water.

Sorry this happened to you, and sorry for the venom you will get in this thread from people. When GMs when away years ago and the kill stealing policy went away, in came...well the people like you met. You either play something like a necro or shaman to get in those "full" damage dots, or you move on to somewhere else, or you get trampled on. Sad, but the truth.
  13. Siah Elder

Look at the bright side, next week most of these toxic players will be over on mischief instead!
  14. Vlahkmaak Augur

Yhea, I'm with the OP on this one. Cannot even count the number of key mobs that were stolen from my warrior by random DPS/monk classes that would just run up and just do more damage to the mob I had been camping forever. Waiting in line for hours on end to get the camp and then waiting for the spawn through the PH kill mobs just to have some one run up and blow it up because they are more important than the other people who waited in line really suxxors; These are the same type of people that cannot return shopping carts properly when no one is looking. Lazy design choice DBG. Tonight, after I win the Mega Millions, I will buy DBG and set this straight ;)
  15. Bardy McFly Augur

Everquest 2 has encounter locking. Perhaps you would enjoy that game more.
    Ruhi and code-zero like this.
  16. TLP Addict Augur

It's hotly contested by people trying to farm hides to sell and those that don't want to pay 900p per hide and want to farm their own to level tailoring.

Signet of Arcane/Might require 220 tailoring to even attempt and farming wyvern hides is one way to level tailoring, also farming rockhoppers which are somewhat contested as well.
  17. Boodas0121 New Member

Well you better read the rules again...Heres what DB has to say about camping: The community-term, 'Camps', is not recognized by Daybreak games as it upholds an unrealistic standard on the definition of fair-play gaming experience.
  18. Bristlebard New Member

This is the system we have. It reinforces one of the most unfortunate aspects of EQ. It is easier to stay on top than it is to catch up. That said, it rewards initiative. It is very capitalistic in some ways. Those that have take, and crumbs "trickle down" to the others. The more high quality crumbs that fall through the cracks, the more opportunity there is for the most able and determined late comers to catch up.

I think the free-trade rule set is the best defense they can offer to the "common/casual TLP player" at the moment. I am hopeful that random loot will be an additional bump. I know free-trade made more stuff available to me on FV at obtainable cost than I even got on the other live servers.

Having played on FV for a while, even if you are pretty much a loner, just get in an active guild. Even active casual guilds are a big boost to the common player in a free-trade environment. Join up, act friendly, make a contribution however you choose to do so. If you do that, gear will never be an issue and the occasional kill steal isn't going to impede you much at all...well, except for those contested epic mobs. Even then, you'll have allies to rally to your side.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  19. Boodas0121 New Member

In my own defense, New Rules , Old Rules, it doesn't matter, I pay to play too, and should not have to put up with harassment, or have to leave a zone every time this player comes into the zone.
  20. Magician9001 Augur

There was NEVER NEVER NEVER a rule that in which first to "hit" a mob it was yours.
    DPS racing is a 100% better then having to play lawyerquest.
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    code-zero likes this.