Maximum Echo

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Orbital101, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Svann2 The Magnificent

Let them go
  2. RPoo Augur

This would take an eternity but has anyone by chance tried having one person go into one aura 5 times then the next aura five times until that one person has gotten each aura five times? If so, did it work?
  3. Nniki Augur

That was actually how we originally interpreted the achievement description but quickly realized that would take way too long for it to be the intended way and aborted that plan lol. Had another person inquiring about the achievement also ask me if one person in the group had to do them all individually. A bit misleading at first read. I wouldn't be surprised if it could be done that way though.
    RPoo likes this.
  4. Evye Augur

I never played a warrior, why is he crouching?
  5. Sprezzatura New Member

Part of the ‘stall tanking’ toolkit I guess, along with a darkened cone of the mystics
  6. Evye Augur

I appreciate the reply, i just wish it told me more =)
    Svann2 likes this.
  7. Szilent Augur

That's how to stop ripostes if using the bandolier is just too challenging.
    Evye likes this.
  8. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

We've been trying this one for a couple of weeks now. Done all the research I can, watched videos by Thranx and Goodruden and we're still struggling. We can win the mission no problem so I'm really only talking about this achievement.

To lay the groundwork - Usual group is Warrior, Shaman (me), SK and some other mix of classes. All max AA, all T3 group with TBL evolve items and Rallos Zek earrings, etc. Essentially BIS if obtainable without raiding.

The best run we've had at it was 3 people getting rank 5 and 1 person getting rank 2 because they didn't quite understand when we started. This setup had a paladin mixed in so I'm starting to suspect that this is just not something I can main heal myself with just one healer. Our guild has no other main healers so someone may end up just having to play a cleric alt and we rotate around. A cleric merc is about useless it seems.

Hoping to get some questions answered.

1. The emote goes off when the auras come out. "You hear a distant roar and feel the heat of intense flames" I think this means that when the roar goes off based on RNG the person with the fire echo won't get the hit by the roar?

2. Raidloot.com says the roars are Caster PB but I think this is zone-wide and has nothing to do with range, you're going to get hit by all of them. Step into the aura, step out, roar goes off, get wrecked. Is there anyway to avoid the roars?

3. I know each class has things to mitigate like shaman has Ancestral Guard and then everyone has Geomantra but that's not going to get you through a 15 minute event. Is there anything else we should bring?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
  9. zleski Augur

Splash through the roars (spiritual squall, and group heal zrelik's recourse etc), make sure your group is all on the same page as to when the event is starting. As a shaman you should have no problem healing through this in the group, and if everyone is as geared as you say, they shouldn't be dying to the first tick. If you have squishy people, have them follow the called auras while the maximum echo players only stick to theirs. Remember that earth echo provides protection from roar, and the trap is meaningless in the group mission.
  10. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

They're not dying on the 1st tick per se but its often that the 3rd and 4th ticks get us if we get a hit from the dragon too by accident but that just may be a positioning thing that we need to work on. Like I said we've made it several rounds before so its not instantaneous but I'm often not sure if we're going to survive a wave until we do if that makes sense.

I'm guessing you're confirming question one that the emote that spawns the auras tells you which one isn't going to get hit by the roar.

So I am under the assumption that if you have say rank 1 of sleet and you go to stone the next time you lose sleet and get rank 1 of stone instead.

Are you saying that if you ran to separate called auras you could get rank 1 sleet and then rank 1 stone?

Theoretically you could do this is 7-8 rounds of auras instead of 5 minimum and avoid some of the roars?
  11. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

12. zleski Augur

There are two penalties: Roar of X and the Intruder's Curse. Having the appropriate echo X will protect you from the roar, but the curse will hit everybody with one notable exception: Echo of Earth provides immunity to the curse. In this same line, event emotes do indeed tell you which to go to to have the "correct" echo.

The rest appears to come down to execution: position the dragon to not tail whip or breathe on your group and work on the healing aspect.
  13. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

So theoretically if RNG worked for you all 6 could run into the 4 correct auras one cycle after another and get 4 buffs different buffs in your song window and then you'd be protected from the Roars for the rest of the event?
  14. Petalonyx Augur

I wouldnt attempt this without a second healer, personally. In addition to your shaman, a cleric or paladin probably best. It just makes it way easier and you can recover from most errors. Smoothest runs have been with 4 (sham, cler, dru, pal).
  15. Conq Augur

Liin, if you'd like a hand, send me a tell in game, I'd be happy to help.
    Conq
  16. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

Will do. Dass offered to help too but that was months ago when I just started looking into it.

The plan is to beat our heads against the wall this weekend and Memorial Day weekend and then restrategize as needed. I hate calling in favors or reinforcements but this one just might be too much for our group guild.
  17. Biltene Kingslayer

Unfortunately no. When you get a buff in the song window from an aura, if you go to another aura, that buff is replaced with that aura's buff. You cannot have more than one. In order to get the achievement you'll need 4 people to get the auras when they pop. Every time I've done this, we have the tank just tank Aary in an aura location, usually fire, or ice, and then 3 others get the other auras. Do a little preclear down the hall for the shadow person. Your 2 players most susceptible to dying due to the roars should not be doing the auras for the achievements, they should do the auras as emoted to help them survive.
    zleski likes this.
  18. p2aa Augur

What matters for this achievement is more healing than DPS. You need 2 main healers, one of them being a cleric preferred, to keep the tank up for so long time, the other healer trying to heal other aura players. In all the times I have done it, the 4 other players, that aren't the cleric and the tank, took each an aura to deal with, keep the banished aura for a class that can eventually self heal herself.
    You need to survive at all cost to not loose the echo rank of people or loosing the main tank, so stack healing.
    Also, the tank needs to use all his best stuff to stay alive. Use a tank glyph for 5 min of the time in your mitigation disc / spell rotation, use defensive disc for the warrior for another 3 min of time, that are yet 8 min filled.
  19. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

Yeah it's what I was starting to suspect. We don't really have any one who plays a healer, though we have several box clerics and shamans.

We tried it 4-5 times this weekend and got wrecked again. Even had the tank boxing a cleric but it wasn't enough so we might either need to pull someone in or have someone actually gear up their box cleric. I think we can do it with the right stack but it will take probably 100+ losses to squeak it by and I'm not sure we could replicate it guild-wide.

We'll try another weekend or two and then call in some help so we can learn exactly what we're missing.
  20. Rylak Elder

An enchanter is also very useful for this mission with its ability to keep runes up on the group, as they will really have an impact on reducing the Roar AE.
    In some groups, it can even replace the need for a second healer (assumes tank and cleric are top notch).

Can also use a bard playing their group DA song after the 4 echo chasers rank up and before the Roar hits (Roar AE hits 20 sec after auras up). Just have the cleric and tank have it blocked. Will result in way less damage to have to heal.

Few other tips:
    1) use GINA or in-game trigger to identify when auras go up and when Roar AE hits (its repeatable)
    2) for healing, I do the following and its quite effective.
    a: have the healer on the side of Aary, this is the auras runner rally point
    b: after auras up and runners echo up and return , cast group HOT
    c: when Roar hits, cast syllable and have tank flash, this powers up next 2 heals. I then follow with composite or sincere on tank and another group heals. At this point you are 2 of 3 ticks into the Roar DoT, so group will live ok and HoT will fill them back up.
    d: echo chasers then react to the various penalty effects
    e: already covered, tank spread their defensive discs. Good coverage for 8+min until glyph recycles, during the down time cleric can Spire and heal burn to cover.
    f: when echo 5 is achieved the person can switch to another aura that is easier to deal with. I.e. stone or ice. Whatever your preference.
    Tour likes this.
  21. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

Just an FYI we got it done early yesterday morning.

It really did just require a live cleric. We pulled in a friend of the guild who might as well be with us but happens to have a different tag.

I'm not sure any shaman in the game could solo heal it but I'd love to hear of one that did. (and I'm not saying with 4 paladins and a warrior tanking)

I got some private advice from a few other people outside this thread and it worked like a charm. 4 attempts and we did it just fine.

1st attempt someone didn't understand the purple mechanic and thought it was like the blob in Skyshrine so she got her Echo and gated out and ran back even though we'd pre-cleared.

2nd attempt we had some confusion once the golem showed up and people kept running for their auras and setting off roar.

3rd attempt was just a fluke of bad timing from a breathe, a roar and a quad and the warrior melted.

4th attempt was pretty much flawless.

Thanks again to the community for helping with roadblocks people are having. When many of us started this game strats were closely guarded secrets and you were secretly(and sometimes publicly) rooting for the guilds coming up behind you to fail. Its a breathe of fresh air that that's no longer the case.
    Conq and Stymie like this.