Petition: Add classic "illusions" to the Marketplace finally

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Master Kahleem, May 19, 2021.

1. Master Kahleem Augur

We're tired of this nonsense being added to loot crates (which are very quickly becoming illegal in many countries, currently a few laws being passed around in the States now concerning them).

We want old school illusion clickies! Either make them questable, drops, or marketplace (obviously you'll make money to support the company with the latter).

I make this thread almost every TLP, but never get a response.

Suggested Classic illusion clickies:
    • Blackburrow Gnoll (white, blue/black warrior, and the brown shamans)
    • Qeynos Guard
    • Freeport Guard
    • OldSchool Froglok (not those garbo guktans, /spit)
    • OldSchool Kobold
    • OldSchool Goblino
    • Imps
    Those are just the ones off the top of my head I'd like to see added to the marketplace as stand-alone purchases, or put them all into a gambling crate, if you absolutely have to, but ONLY CONTAINING ILLUSION CLICKIES THAT ARE TRADEABLE UNTIL UNWRAPPED!
    Looking at the gambling crate, because YES it IS gambling, for the halfling-guard illusion essentially every item except for the illusion is worthless trash. We don't even know the rates to get the illusion!
    Thanks for reading!
    :)
    Celestian, Xanadas and Brontus like this.
  2. Lejaun Augur

I'd be interested in just having at a handful of more options. Aradune and Rizlona felt like every female chraacter had the siren illusion during classic, then everyone had the dwarf illusion during Kunark (from the crate), and then everyone was using the shissar illusion during Luclin.

Put out more illusions, for players and pets. The graphics are already in the game, can't be that hard to slap on a "Wand of the xxxx" with the spell illusion effect, can it?
  3. Master Kahleem Augur

Main issue is that a VERY tiny minority actually like the newer graphic models. Most of us just want them low-poly nostalgia buttons.
    Brontus likes this.
  4. Bardy McFly Augur

I love the new models. i may also be the only person that would admit I prefer the SOGA models of EQ2.

I still hate the new Freeport.
    Plecostomus likes this.
  5. Lejaun Augur

I've gotten used to the new Freeport, but I'd take the old one back instantly if it were ever an option. Nek Forest and the Commonlands revamps (and such) were never too big of a deal to me, because it was just updating the graphics and maybe combining a couple of zones. The layout still remained almost the same.

New and Old Freeport was a completely different revamp that changed things quite a bit. If they had just stuck to a graphics overhaul, it wouldn't receive so much grief.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  6. Bardy McFly Augur

Agreed. I'm fine with the artistic direction, but the city layout planner deserves some 1 on 1 time with Cazic Thule.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

Not most, some.
  8. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Great post! The new skeleton models that were imposed upon necromancers and shadow knights are terrible. They have inferior animations and look like they were done by an intern.

The old model skeletons still exist in game so there's no excuse!

Why can't DGB offer both the white and red skeleton polymorph illusion wands for our pets?

Instead we get more worthless loot boxes which is a form of gambling.
  9. Spazin Journeyman

The issue with this to my knowledge (it may have been fixed at some point) is that there is (was?) a finite limit to the total amount of allowable Global Models. Because of how EQ works programming wise, each expansion has a tree that contains the Models to be rendered in the expansion. Any character / NPC models above that went into the Global Models exclusion section.

While all playable races are among the Global Models list (thus allowing the creation of Playable Race Illusions), there are (were?) limitations to the extent of that list and has (was?) a finite total.
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please yes.

Edit: Oops, wrong account.
  11. Relentless Insomnia

I freaking KNEW IT
  12. Loze Elder

The civil engineers responsible for designing Freeport should be flogged with spaghetti... Al dente!
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  13. ForumBoss Augur

This is a good idea. I'd also like to add Kerran, aviak, minotaur, etc, but old school froglok is the best one.

It would also be great to be able to use the velious/god custom helmet graphic outside of those eras, whether it is through hero forge working with old models, an in game option, or quest.
  14. noseminer New Member

full size hill giant please
  15. Brunlin Augur

If we are going to have polymorphs, than we should have a lot of options I would think. It will be a good way for Daybreak to earn more money as well. It seems to be a no brainer.
  16. Master Kahleem Augur

Polymorph is different than illusion/visage. I'm talking about player illusions, not polymorphs.

Please don't make the devs think we want polymorphs OVER illusions/visages XD
    :)
  17. Daemon Sicarius New Member

Give these to enchanters. Sounds like an opportunity for more masks for rog/bard too.
  18. Zish Elder

Shadow man illusion when?
    zylle likes this.
  19. MMOer Augur

Illusions are something I feel good about spending my money on.

I'm down with this idea.
  20. Karreck Somebody

I'd funnel money to Daybreak for more illusion options.