Should we be able to hide our mana bars from others?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HoodenShuklak, May 17, 2021.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

You don't need pants to raid, let alone anything else.
  2. Demetri Augur

Exactly - so why am I required to broadcast my pants status to the world?
  3. Azzlann Elder

Good idea! I also request that if my monk is not moving and stops hitting the mobs, can we add in that he will still go through the punch and kick motions? I hate when I'm being terrible at EQ and people notice.
  4. samenye Lorekeeper

Programmable keyboard spamming Intimidate? To the casual observer it looks like you're punching the heck out of something.

Is automating failure also a bannable offense?
  5. Fcseven XIII Journeyman

I take it tactless people in a group are still trying to micromanage everyone else? God that was annoying when I used to join PUGs back in the day. It's a shame to see it carry over to the tlp.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

That's one option.

I see this a lot when I sit down immediately after a mob dies. When I stand up again I'll kick and punch the air for one round. Probably all melee do it now and then.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

Carry over? TLPs have perfected the art of annoyance.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If someone is in my group and their mana bar never moves they get a few minutes of leeway then they aren't in my group, no micromanagement required, I replace them, how's that for tact?

I might be totally okay to help out a guildie or a friend I know but in PUG's it's earn your spot or get gone.
  9. coltongrundy Augur

Stop asking for features to more easily allow you to be a non-contributing free loader.
  10. samenye Lorekeeper

I get the "extra attacks" too when standing. I guess it's left over queued animation commands from the last fight caused by sitting too fast when the mob dies.

Mana bars are a great QOL addition - it was (and is on p99) a total pain to have to report mana when I am watching Netflix..I mean, thoroughly paying attention.

That said, as a cleric main originally, I did always report mana "to the team". If the puller was a crazed loon who pulled on 5% actual mana I'd trick him by saying I was "OOM" when sitting on 35%. It was just easier than being the "bossy cleric".

Kind of like Scotty in Star Trek: give an estimate 4x what it will really take to fix the engines, get haggled down to 2x by Kirk then fix it in 1x and look the hero.