PSA: Mischief loot

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gnothappening, May 19, 2021.

1. Gnothappening Augur

Going to toss this out here now before we get started. Mischief server is trying out something brand new to EQ, random loot. Let's all be realistic here and recognize that there is a high chance of something going wrong, at least until the kinks are worked out. That is why I would like to toss this out ahead of time. Can we, as a community, give DBG/DPG a little slack this time around and not whine about the crazy crap that may happen with loot? We have all wanted a new type of TLP and we are finally getting it. Let's not make them regret it.
    Dahaman likes this.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

3. Gnothappening Augur

Yeah, I am afraid of that. Normally I wouldn't care but this is them stepping out and trying something new. I would like to see them continue to be willing to try something new instead of the same old cookie cutter servers. Which is why I made this post.
  4. FranktheBank Augur

I have angry letters prepared for Klanderso and Pip.

But I always have angry letters for Pip.
    jeskola and Doranur_Aleguzzler like this.
  5. Bardy McFly Augur

You think anyone that works for DPG isn't immune at this point to anything said on these forums? If they're crying, it's from laughing.
  6. Lejaun Augur

I've always thought it would be more of eyerolling than laughing.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  7. Gnothappening Augur

There is a difference between not crying over someone bashing what you are doing and being willing to keep doing it despite their bashing. Honestly though, after the Karendune fiasco, I would really just like to not see that crap on the forums again for a while.
  8. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

My guild has already been discussing this possibility, and those of us that have participated in the conversation, are all in agreement that there WILL be bugs and issues because it's something new. And because it's a TLP. TLP's are like the Murphy's Law of MMO gaming.
  9. wade_watts Augur

We can give them slack as long as it becomes a problem that benefits the player. Mobs dropping 4X extra loot... no problem. Mobs dropping no or wrong loot :mad:
  10. nagash101 Augur

Wait, how can they drop wrong loot? Isn't all the loot gonna be sort of random?
  11. Machen New Member

Kill naggy, get a rusty short sword and a backpack. That sort of thing.
  12. Magician9001 Augur

Me and my guild are prepared to spam Holly Jchan with emails if the randomized loot isn't too our liking
  13. jeskola pheerie

Cloth caps for everyone!
  14. Lejaun Augur

I think I have one from an anniversary that summons a dragon or something.
  15. Herf Augur

Look, they've been deliberately opaque about what the loot situation will REALLY be. They have in the past demonstrated a tendency to implement things incorrectly or incompletely. So I really don't expect this to go smoothly initially, and I also question how soon, if ever, it will get better. But that's ok since I won't be on Mischief.
  16. Lejaun Augur

With how much we attack them on this forum, they are smart to leave things vague.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I can tell you right now defiant will definitely drop....

....when TSS unlocks or shortly after, and not before.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

When it wasn't the item you hoped for it is always the "wrong loot", silly.
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

Honestly we couldn't make dpg employees regret anything at this point. They know what they're dealing with by now.

Probably save their sick days for right after launches.