Defiant gear mischief/thornblade

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by muddons, May 19, 2021.

1. muddons New Member

2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

If you wanna see what defiant armor does to kill classic era itemization go play EQ2 with it's revamped loot system 1-50.

Also I know I'm just taking the bait in posting in this thread at all, but why would they ever do something to kill off the classic itemization after going through the effort of making a random loot server?
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Mayong started you off with a full set of Flawless Defiant armor and weapons. It was a fun server.
  4. muddons New Member

I'm not in disagreement with anyone in this thread really I'm trying to be objective is there no middle ground here? I'm going to roll on thornblade myself I just feel as though early eq is lacking in its draw.
  5. Machen New Member

It also had raid content that gave upgrades to those immediately available.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

No

It would be horribly overpowered on a classic-start server.

Would make sense only on a TSS unlocked TLP or a LLP then you could do the 1-75 run completely in TSS zones.
  7. muddons New Member

I've suggested level 10 defiant gear only not tss tier
  8. Machen New Member

Even the level 10 stuff has things like instrument mods that you won't find anywhere else on armor in classic-->pop.
  9. Lejaun Augur

Its still pretty good at level 10 compared to other gear.
  10. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

I know, I was there.
  11. Arclyte Augur

where do these people come from
  12. jiri_ Augur

I mean, it also started you off at 51 with 50 AAs.
  13. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Yep, I know, I was there.
  14. Crabman Augur

yo people are really showing how bored they are giving this thread this much attention... 1 week everybody!
  15. Lejaun Augur

And then we get "I can't log in", "Go join Thornblade and quit clogging up Mischief", and "Xxx stole my rare mob" threads.
    Tweakfour17 and Crabman like this.
  16. Phati Elder

Historically, TLP servers that start in classic era have the highest population of any other era in a TLP life cycle. I fail to see how early EQ lacks in draw.
  17. Delphwind Augur

Most people that play classic want to go through the gear progression. Part of the fun is starting in horrible leather armor and progressing into banded and feeling like a god for a few levels.

Defiant gear would put to shame any sense of vertical gear progression in a game that is built around vertical gear progression ....
  18. Captain Video Augur

Anyone who wants to start with Defiant gear unlocked at level 1 can do so on a Live server.
  19. Religious Elder

I honestly don't know how to feel about the fact that this thread has 3 pages of actual discussion and replies beyond a simple one word post indicating "no", and I feel ashamed for adding to the discussion. Defiant gear is leaps and bounds better than most gear you can hope to get, with few exceptions (if any) depending on the level of defiant gear in question. Mischief / Thorn will not see Defiant until TSS short of an incident involving the Station Cash Store.
  20. jiri_ Augur

Which could happen! Stat mounts, including their buffs, were available on Phinny for a brief, hilarious period during Kunark.