Not A Bug Right click anything in inventory and game crashes

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by evilrob, May 19, 2021.

1. evilrob New Member

Open bag, right click any item, game closes. No error, just back to my desktop.
  2. Shaolin New Member

Same. Not just from inventory. Any item click. Links, loots, you name it. I click it, I crash. On 2 different accounts, on 2 different PC's.
  3. Demetri Augur

Not repeatable here with default UI...

Tried resetting your UI?
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Custom UIs will need an update. I'll leave this here to gather responses, but it's likely not a bug since we do not off support for custom UIs beyond allowing them.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. evilrob New Member

Thanks, I do use a custom UI
  6. Lord Cenaruuk New Member

I also experienced this. Strangely enough, it was an issue on Miragul so I switched to FV and didn't have an issue. I was clicking items, linking, and opening things normally. So, I went back to Miragul and loaded default and it resolved the issue. I find it odd that it caused problems on one server and not another. I mainly used the DB Store interface to bring up the Halfling Heritage Crate since it was already highlighted and it would crash on Miragul with my custom UI, but not on FV.

I will go back and read the patch notes again, but I didn't see and UI changes. I'd love to dig in there and fix it as it's probably something simple, but I don't have a reference for what to look for so it seems a needle in a haystack right now.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Maybe these???

Changed -
    EQUI_ItemDisplay.xml
    EQUI_Templates.xml
  8. Lord Cenaruuk New Member

Those are where I am targeting. I am reconstructing my custom UI to compare against default UI on a line by line editor to see where it gets me.
  9. Lord Cenaruuk New Member

Well, I'm an idiot. Of course there were UI changes with the item compare feature.
  10. Shaolin New Member

Yes, was a UI thing. Thanks!
    Ngreth Thergn likes this.
  11. Senlronia Lorekeeper

crashing even on the default UI

EDIT: NM, i changed the UI on my box account, and my brain decided that i'd changed it on my main account too
  12. Mluian Journeyman

Anything that makes the application unexpectedly close is in fact a bug. The fix is some kind of try catch code in the affected routine.
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

And based upon the evidence available the bug lies in the custom UI's. I have had no issue with it and no member of my guild who was on earlier today reported any issue with is either.

And since this appears to be an issue in some custom UI's that responsibility would logically fall to the maker of the custom UI.

14. Rondor Augur

Beimeith and klanderso mentioned this inspect-item-crash UI issue last week with some possible fixes, in the following thread:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...05-11-2021-new-bugs-only.275007/#post-4026813

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...05-11-2021-new-bugs-only.275007/#post-4026811

Wdor, Eaiana and klanderso like this.
  15. klanderso Developer

Correct, the issue is because IDW_ItemInfo# were all changed from Label to STMLbox. If you're using a custom UI you'll need to make the change before you can right-click an item (or otherwise bring up the Item Display Window) without crashing.