Not A Bug Crystallized Velium Ore not dropping

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Zenn-La, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Zenn-La New Member

Something must be bugged. And it can be duplicated.
    First Rare Mobs are way to rare.. Sometimes kill at a camp for 2 days and never see a Rare mob. Even when there are 5 placeholders being killed over and over.. Hundreds of kills and no named pops. It is Bugged!
    Then finally on the 101'st kill, Rare pops... But it seems that the chance to get a Crystallized Velium Ore must be like 2% cause they don't ever drop it anymore. Drop rate is terrible. And I can duplicate this by trying everyday and getting the same results.

Pretty disgusted with the fact that after launch, the raiders just ripped through group content, when rares were popping every other placeholder. All tradeskilll drops were dropping like flies on a dead toad. Raiders got tons of everything.
    Then drops and rares got nerfed. Yah, agree somewhat, was far to easy for the raid-geared to milk it which is what they did. They can make all the trade skilled gear they want with the acumulated drops from the initial runs pre nerf.
    So as the group geared is becoming 115 and wants to make some tradeskilled gear, they cant now.. Because the items are rare. And the Crystallized Velium Ore is the ultra rare anymore because nameds are very rare now.

Please fix the Rare mob pop rates and increase the Crystallized Velium Ore drops so group-geared folks can actually make group gear. Really!
  2. Monkman Augur

Not a bug.

1 ore per group mission x 4 missions = 4 ore every 6 hours

Love how you included the raiders vs everyone else point to your argument. Want to know who I saw abusing Margidor the most during the the first month? Group geared casual players.
    Duder likes this.
  3. Zuchero Journeyman

I had a friend that is able to craft me all full few sets of TS gear. Then im looking to get some ores.
    Im no raider ( so its best gear for me) yet so ( with em22) i hang in T1 zones and pain to get one every day or 2.
    I grouped in few higher zones ..its also very rare. We got one in 8 hours in Kael once. Thats for killing near 10 nameds.
    Good EW camp, killing 2 nameds non stop...they dont spawn a lot but when they do ..the ore is so rare. DB do something plz. 3 toons to gear up ..now i need 3X 21 ores/slots then 3X 10 augs.
    93 ores. Even for one toon its 31 ores.
  4. Derka Power Ranger

If you can kill named, you can do the missions for guaranteed ore from the chests. Just get a few other players together.
    Duder likes this.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

I will agree with you (probably a lot of other people will as well) that the spawn rates of named mobs probably needs to be adjusted up a bit.

The rest of what you said is, to be blunt, nonsense.

Even with poorly thought out design choices (exp coming mainly from quests instead of grinding at the top of the list), ToV has been the most casual/group-geared player friendly expansion since maybe TBM. It allows casual players to gear up quickly and avoid the dumpster fire of TBL progression. The missions are most DEFINITELY beatable by a group of causal players...they're just not the pushovers that a lot of casual (read: lazy) players want. You have to actually pay attention to what's going on...one or two really good players can't drag three or four clueless players through them like in expansions before. They are essentially 6-man raids, but you DO NOT need to be a raider to do them.

And like someone else mentioned, the missions drop ores every single time, and (from what I've seen) multiple pieces of t2 gear. It's possible to have a full set of t2 visibles in a day, and a full set of t3 visibles inside of a week...all with just a couple of hours of play a day.

And I speak as one of those casual/group-geared players. I don't raid. Nobody in my guild raids. We are all group-geared. And all of the core/active members of the guild have multiple toons in some combination of t2/t3 gear.
    Duder likes this.
  6. Elyee Lorekeeper

I think the OP is just frustrated that the spawn rate and drop rate were not set back to what they were when TOV launched. Let's be real, the Devs nerfed it all, and some for good reason.

Now, I also tend to agree with the Original Post, in some ways, and in others, not so much.

Yes, IMO the Rare / Named spawn rate is definitely low, and possibly too low. I do not think it is a Bug, more of a nerf.

Yes, IMO the Crystallized Velium Ore drop rate is definitely low, and possibly too low. I do not think it is a Bug, more of a nerf

There seems to be a little exaggeration in the OP about the kill rate versus the spawn rate, but maybe they were and are that unlucky. I've camped a lot of named in the past six weeks, in order to get the Hunters done in TOV and acquire Crystallized Velium Ore for my toon(s), and some Named spawn much rarer, while some Named spawn within a few hours at most.

The OP's reference to initial spawn rates and drop rates when TOV released are clearly true, and yes, Raiders (& Groupers) ripping through the content and acquiring a lot of the loot early on feels frustrating at this point. It isn't the Raiders fault, it's just one of the side-effects of balancing the game as it sontinues, and I think it should be re-balanced back a little (allowing Crystallized Velium Ore to drop more off named at least.

I dual-box a WAR / SHM (without any cheater-auto-botting crap) with two mercs, and I can usually kill any of the TOV named, after clearing and prepping. I wish I could do the Missions on my own (dual-boxing), but that is a very very difficult thing to do successfully, and I have tried.

I totally disagree with Derka's reply "
    Often people can't get a full group together to help kill named or do mission, but they might be able to kill a name on their own with a merc or by dual-boxing with mercs.

Some folks have to be more self-sufficient and get the Named/Ore on their own, and they used to be able to do that, but the recent changes in spawns rates and drop rates makes it much more of a time sink than before, so I can understand the frustration.

I do wish the Devs would increase the spawn rate of the Named and the drop rate of the Crystallized Velium Ore.
  7. smash Augur

Its all about random.
  8. Derka Power Ranger

Considering I play on a low pop server, there are always people LFG. Players just need to take the initiative to start groups to do named or missions. I do agree that the spawn rate on some named can suck from RNG. It just took me 100+ ph kills to get Vekboz in EW and another 70 to get a returned dracoliche. As for the ore it does seem low but you could be killing in T1 zones which is cake. Getting T3 rewards for killing T1 stuff should take some time because it's less risk than killing in T2. T2 ToV is way harder than T1, I can't speak for the drop rate on ore from T2 named as I haven't killed that many but if its higher then that seems in line to me.
  9. Zenn-La New Member

ok, killed 11 nameds in ToV.. last few days.. Zero, none, zilch Crystallized Velium Ore dropped.
    Please fix the drop rate.. You all really over nerfed this.
    This is so messed up anymore. Yah I am sure I will get the usual flames from the raiders saying do missions. For T1 and T2 group Geared folks.. the Group Missions are nearly impossible.. Generally everyone says do the missions, and make sure you have some raid geared folks to help.. First.. why do we need raid gear to beat a ToV group mission.

CoV is just as bad, maybe worse.. the drop rates on the Ores to make the final T3 gear is terrible.. Totally over nerfed it.. how about rethinking these Ore drop rates. both ToV and CoV?.

Thanks for your considerations.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

This is feedback and not a bug.
    Duder and Act of Valor like this.