Defiant gear mischief/thornblade

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by muddons, May 19, 2021.

1. jiri_ Augur

Not unless it only dropped in Hate, Sky and Fear. The BIS tradeable helm for tanks in Classic is 13 AC, 35 HP, +10 MR. The lowest-tier Defiant Plate hat would be lower on AC (-5 raw AC but +2 AGI, and I don't know the calculations) and on MR (-9), but ultimately give more HP and DPS stats, as well as providing a whole pile of mana for knights. If you compare it to what's available in Classic for players in their 30s, it's a joke.
  2. muddons New Member

What about just the level 10 stuff? It helps the casual and classic isn't exactly unexplored territory. These servers are sure to draw in large numbers is this out of the question?
  3. jiri_ Augur

Not unless it only dropped in Hate, Sky and Fear. The BIS tradeable helm for tanks in Classic is 13 AC, 35 HP, +10 MR. The lowest-tier Defiant Plate hat would be lower on AC (-5 raw AC but +2 AGI, and I don't know the calculations) and on MR (-9), but ultimately give more HP and DPS stats, as well as providing a whole pile of mana for knights. If you compare it to what's available in Classic for players in their 30s, it's a joke.
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  4. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

I think a future TLP that omitted Defiant from all loot tables might be interesting. They would also have to remove the Gloomingdeep tutorial though. That shouldn't be (from an armchair dev POV) difficult, they already exclude it early on for TLPs.
  5. muddons New Member

Wouldn't crude defiant be beneficial to casuals as well as poopsockers such as myself? Is classic that much of unexplored territory that we must play krono wars?
  6. jiri_ Augur

lol krono wars are what those servers are for.
  7. RainbowTest Augur

The only stuff that has a global drop table are the visibles, weapons, and non weapon ranged. Earrings, rings, necklace, cloak, and belt are all attained in ways that would probably be locked out from TLP's. Earrings/rings/necklace are only attainable from vendors in PoK and the other slots are via the hotzone Franklin Teek quests. And they are pretty damned rare drops. I have seen 1 bp in 2 weeks of grinding nonstop in the hotzones.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

Defiant gear in early EQ would really, really hurt the feel of the game. Net negative for absolutely everyone except people that just want max power, but those people are probably on an Emoo server anyways.
  9. Kylo Classic Augur

maybe. why.
  10. muddons New Member

An amount of convincing arguements have been made but why no crude defiant in classic? It would ease the gap and surely draw in more players that would potentially stay.
  11. jiri_ Augur

"This idea that would ruin visible gear progression for at least three expansions while diluting the Classic->PoP experience would surely draw in more of the kind of players who play Classic->PoP on TLPs!"
  12. Lateryn Augur

It's just too good. Even if you just say "ok only level 10 stuff" now you just negated a huge swath of middle tier gear. Defiant is a means of catch up later in game, it was designed that way. It's pointless and silly to try to argue to put it in at the start of servers.

Even your idea of making it "comparable" will ruin other gear. Because defiant is easy to get comparatively, so why bother doing the other stuff.
  13. Lejaun Augur

Defiant at server launch would likely cause too many "There's no point to raiding, I'm already max level and in full defiant. I'm bored." posts.
  14. muddons New Member

My point is raiding in classic is nothing special and it's a 1 month unlock so why not level 10 defiant to get us into kunark?
  15. Lateryn Augur

I would say classic raiding is better then kunark. So why not defiant until velious.. See my point. Stop moving the goalpost. It's not going to happen. Defiant is too good and would negate too much of the game. It's a catch up mechanic for later eq, not something put in at the beginning. Move on.
  16. Lejaun Augur

Plenty of people still love it, even if its only for the brief moment of glory of having one of the few CoF or sky quest item or whatever.
  17. Phati Elder

Because it wasn't introduced to the game until mid-Secrets of Faydwer expansion. Gear from the 14th expansion has no reason to be in the first 12-13 expansions.
  18. Lejaun Augur

Never going to happen, but shame that a more toned down version of the newby gear quests was never available from the start. Always thought that there should be newby gear that could be quested, which transitions to the Sol Ro type gear quests, which transitioned to the planar gear.
  19. RainbowTest Augur

All these youngens acting like they would never have defiant on TLP's. Combine and Sleeper had it. They didn't die and they were very fun.
  20. muddons New Member

Even the most basic defiant gear helps the casual player survive and gives them a sense of achievement without . Is this a horrible concept for the longevity of the game?