A new way to TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Siffo, May 18, 2021.

1. Siffo New Member

I like the idea of TLP servers.

I just wish they were more innovative. They all seem the same with minor differences.

I would like to suggest a new TLP concept.

Instead of doing going through the expansion releases how about a level TLP?

Use all of the expansions (The available content, travel, mercs, bazaar, PoK and such.) but restrict the level and access to higher level zones till the next step.

Use free trade for all but select items.

Have a set time for each new level but have a requirement that all appropriate level named mobs be killed 5 to 10 times. If they are not killed in the allotted time start giving hints which mobs are still needed. (A bit like treasure hunt and an encouragement to explore all the areas.) It would help to increase the rare mob spawn rate.

Put a time restriction per character on named mobs to reduce camping (IE: After a character is involved in killing a named mob they are restricted from engaging it for 24 hours to a week.) this will reduce named camping.

Two box limit on players who feel the need to play more than one character at once.

With easier travel, mounts, quests and mercs the beginning XP could be reduced because it will be much easier to group and get XP even when a player is not in a group. (Have all the newbi zones accessible after the jail break intro not just Crescent Reach. This will broaden the experience and also reduce congestion in newbi and popular zones.)

I think this would make for a very enjoyable play experience.

Just an idea to consider.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

Tldr: pvp tlp.
  3. Wicked_old Journeyman

I have been playing this game off and on for 20 years. I have done a couple of the TLPs. Fact is free trade TLP is now to late. You waited to long and didn't listen. PvP is garbage for eq, I regret saying WoW TBC launch has more draw for me now. 5 years ago I would have thrown money. Sadly eq has chased out those who see that policing your own game might be beneficial to player base... No rule set without real GM enforcement would ever bring me back. Em Que forces running rampant everywhere. Real shame, be well, hope the boat never sinks, but the sun set along time ago on this affair.
  4. Siffo New Member

I have also been playing off and on for a while (I started just prior to Kunark).

I would like to get into playing again but even with TLP servers it seems like it is a grind at the start. By using all of the features that came out in later expansions I think it would be much more enjoyable at the beginning and much more enjoyable for people who never played EQ but could be enticed to try it.

With the proper promotion and perhaps a bring a friend reward it would encourage first time players to give it a go.
  5. a_librarian Augur

People will give you crap for this post but the abuse of warp/far taunt hacking is in a pretty bad spot tbh. It's not a PvP game so it isn't a showstopper for most players, it's just pretty gross how blatant it has been in my experience
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

New? It's an idea that has been around for years.

My post below is nowhere near the first suggested "Level-Locked Progression" idea at all I just outlined my version of it in a lot more detail than prior posters had.

7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Random loot is a better solution than either of these two ideas, and hunter achievements play into that already too.

Aradune showed how pointless this idea is, and how badly it was enforced.

Only masochists like slow XP, plenty of players would like to see FV / Selo XP rates on Mischief due to it's faster than Mangler unlock cadence (still slower than Selo).