Rare NPCs versus Named NPCS

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by aindriuc, May 18, 2021.

1. Accipiter Old Timer

OK, well enjoy talking to yourself.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  2. coltongrundy Augur

the hypothetical future-tense is irrelevant. If they make changes later, then it will be different later. The announced ruleset for launch says rare mobs and raid mobs. and those are already well defined in-game.
  3. Crabman Augur

.... this is the announced rule set. I just copied it. Why are you just choosing to say one part of the exact word for word rule set is irrelevant?
    Bardy McFly and Accipiter like this.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

Save your breath. I wish he were a troll but he's just fixated on his little discovery (imagined though it might be).
  5. Neuro Elder

Honestly, I am hard pressed to think of any special case mobs, at least in Classic. MAYBE things like the various pickclaws in Runnyeye, who drop blackened iron items. But guys like Hadden, I don't think they would count. Hadden has no PH, he's a guaranteed spawn once his timer is up, and he only has one drop. I think he'll be non-random, personally.

I'm just curious about quest items, especially for epics.
  6. Lejaun Augur

Here's to celebrating people getting heated over something that we'll know in a week.
  7. Bardy McFly Augur

It would be missed opportunity and unfortunate if they did go with (mostly) only rares from the literal sense. Hadden is a perfect example of a case where an item of great value shouldn't be campable. Epics fall under quested items, which I would be very surprised if they randomized. It would require relying on free market to complete virtually any quest in the game.
  8. Herf Augur

What if it doesn't come up in a week. What if it is.....DELAYED!

9. Lejaun Augur

Well, I mean in some ways it will be, as you have hundreds of people spam the log in server but only some get it.
    Herf likes this.