A server where you level for free.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Montag, May 18, 2021.

1. Montag Augur

Could we someday get a TLP where max levels and AA's are just granted each expac and we can focus on raiding and camping loot and stuff for people who want to play but are too busy IRL to grind?

I know it sounds lame to a lot of people but I also think it would have a really big appeal and make new expansions exciting instead of a thing of dread for people who have a hard time keeping up.
    andross77 likes this.
  2. Karreck Somebody

Classic troll thread.
    You came across really strong, which gave the trolling away. Advice for future troll posts, dial it back a bit. A good troll post has a hint of believability to it.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

I don't see that happening. However, I missed on an FV ruleset (almost) server never happening so what do I know?
  4. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

This why someday there will be no lev in PoFire
    Iyacc, OldTimeEQ1 and Accipiter like this.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

Someday!
  6. Montag Augur

I'm really not trolling and not sure why you think that. There's a lot more to this game than just grinding exp and for many of us grinding exp just detracts from the fun. A new expac is released and you HAVE to come up with X amount of time to get the levels and AA's and by the time you're done the next is coming and you didn't have time to do half the stuff you wanted to.

I think it'd be really popular with busy people who've always wanted to come back to EQ.
    andross77 likes this.
  7. Bowdeen Elder

Well, let's see.. It takes nearly no effort now to level or get AAs. PoP recently launched on Rizlona/Aradune, and you had countless 65's in no time at all. It was an extremely quick grind. Are you referring to the 50-60 grind? Because you have 3 expansions to do that in. Is this strictly for classic? That too is a fast level up, although you have to move around a bit.

You also realize that you can go ahead and do the other stuff you wanted to while you level/AA? I know.. RADICAL idea! You don't HAVE to be max level or max AA going into the next expac, you don't HAVE to skip the content you wanted to do because a new expac drops.

Make an and play there, because this will NEVER happen.
    Karreck likes this.
  8. Gnothappening Augur

How about a TLP where we not only get max exp and aa, but also the best raid gear possible. That way we can just all walk around showing off how awesome we are with our pixels.
    Bardy McFly and Karreck like this.
  9. Tweakfour17 Augur

Speaking of countless 65s in now time, did anyone hit 65 off the first kill from that AA/XP exploit that Aradune had during Luclin or did they manage to correct all that?
  10. Bowdeen Elder

I don't recall seeing anyone 65 immediately after launch or by the time I started raiding on Rizlona, but I can't speculate for Aradune. I know we had about 15 or so 65's by our raid on night #2 though, so it was easy enough to come by.
  11. Lejaun Augur

They would have been anon and taken measures to stop people from seeing it anyways, such as not being around people who would see the notification or temporarily leaving their guild or whatever.
  12. Elabone Augur

I dont understand why people flame this guy. Theres a large contingent of people for pretty much any style TLP server. I would argue that if you did release a server where you auto dinged max level and all AAs when an expac launched, and shortened the release schedule to something like 6 weeks per, you would get a lot of players who want to see various future expansions but dont necessarily like the constant grind. Its not actually a terrible idea.
    Exedor likes this.
  13. Montag Augur

No one is saying it’s hard, it just time consuming. Maybe you have the free time to group for six hours a night for a week or four every expac but for those of us who have kids, businesses to run, and other big boy commitments that is often untenable.

We’ll pay to sub to this kind of server and we’ll buy bags, illusions, mounts, and hero’s forge there too. But we can’t dedicate time to grind AND raid.

l think it’d be the most populated TLP ever cause once word got out so many people would come back who otherwise wouldn’t risk the time sink.

Barring that, I recall an old idea where the highest level toon on any account/server gets like 1000% exp bonus. That way, anyone could keep up on at least one char.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Why not have a TLP where the game is played for you by an AI, you don't need to level or raid you just observe it from a twitch stream as "your character" gets loot handed to them after each automated raid event & automatically syncs with a Magelo account for you.

You can have it running in the background while your attention is on Netflix and it randomly posts tweets about all the loot you gained while watching Season 4 of the Witcher & season 7 of Stranger Things.

The Cookie-Clicker of MMORPGS, what a bright future and all yours for 40 bucks a month on a premium server.

No Gnomes were harmed in the making of this post, somewhat disappointingly..
    jeskola likes this.
  15. Machen New Member

If you had to program the AI yourself, I think a lot of people would be down for just this.
  16. Thez69 Elder

they just did one of those last year
  17. jeskola pheerie

18. harvey15 New Member

I can see the appeal of something like this, though I don't think it is as simple as you suggest. You would presumably need to get some decent starter gear for your level, similar to making a heroic character. Also, defining max AA is a little weird, like you unlock all the 1-use abilities and fireworks too? Seems a little silly. But I guess I wouldn't object to a server where you start at max level with passable starting gear and key AAs already granted.

Personally, it feels weird to open Classic that way, as I assume a huge part of the appeal to that era is a nostalgia-fest of going through old xp zones (at least it was for me returning to the game after a 17 year absence or so). But I can totally see it for later expansions where levelling and getting key AAs is kind of something you just blitz through to get to the other stuff.

The main issue is that even with all that, it doesn't address the principle problem more casual raiders run into, which is keying/flagging/factioning for end-game raid zones. If there's a time sink, it's there, and as the expansions go on it becomes pretty much essential to keep up with your guild. Though to be fair, in PoP forward you can be 85'd into most (though not all) of that content if you are willing to wait 1-2 weeks for the rest of the guild to build the necessary numbers.