Double xp Memorial Day weekend or not happening this year?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sepulchre, May 18, 2021.

1. Sepulchre New Member

Did not see anything about this yet.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Nothing was posted last year until the day before, doubt you will see a change this year. Assume it WILL be on.

Also with them being down a community manager I wouldn't be surprised if we see very little communication until a replacement is found.
    Bardy McFly and Skuz like this.
  3. Zansobar Augur

Think it will be much more like 50% xp, but definitely expect it to be enabled but won't hear about it until after server launch anyway I bet.
  4. Protocol Dragon Defender

I’d bet krono on

50% Exp bonus
    Increased rare spawns
    Double faction
    Starting 0300 EST Friday May 28th
  5. Barder-mangler Augur

This is the correct answer. The only hesitation I have is that its hypothetically possible that these sort of events were coordinated by the community manager in the past (DW), and because they haven't filled that position yet, they may forget. That being said, the bonus on memorial day has been happening for years, so I am sure it is on someone's calendar. Hopefully they won't forget lol.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

I'm sure they have systems in place.
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We have not forgotten. 50% bonus exp and some other stuff.
    Conelder, Pinbin, Bullsnooze and 8 others like this.
  8. Karreck Somebody

Meeps? Are you our papa now that Dreamweaver left?
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

Grandpa.
  10. Herf Augur

Hmm..I wonder how much a Community Manager makes and what it takes to do it.
  11. Lejaun Augur

About tree-fiddy and a handful of Arby's coupons a week.
  12. Gnothappening Augur

I'm down if the Arby's coupons are good ones. Love their sliders and sea salt caramel chocolate chip cookie.
  13. Bardy McFly Augur

Potato cakes ftw.
  14. Lejaun Augur

Back when original EQ was released, the local Arby's used to do the $1 for a regular-sized sandwich. One quick stop there was food for a weekend of EQing.
  15. Herf Augur

Bah. I hate Arby's.
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Interim papa.
    Side of heart attack for free with purchase of a combo.
    Hypatia, Yinla, Karreck and 1 other person like this.
  17. Appren Gnomercy

When is this xp bonus memorial day thing? gotta prepare!
  18. sumnayin Augur

Imagine not being able to google memorial day 2021 while on the internet asking when memorial day is
    andross77 and Doranur_Aleguzzler like this.
  19. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I had an Arby's nearby, but the Taco Bell was faster. I could jump on the boat in Butcherblock, and if they were on their game, get through the drive-thru and back home just as the boat was pulling into the dock in Freeport.
    Bardy McFly and Herf like this.
  20. WokeCat Augur

On P99 I've gone grocery shopping, and came home to discover that the mobs in Lower Guk at my camp still haven't respawned... (28 minute respawn timer).... that actually blew my mind because I wasn't planning to rush through shopping to get back in time.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.