Should we be able to hide our mana bars from others?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HoodenShuklak, May 17, 2021.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

Lol I think this guy is talking about pantheon... or some other game thats for sure.
  2. Baratu New Member

"My mana is my business!"

lol. EQ players are weird.
    Duder likes this.
  3. Lejaun Augur

People think it makes them "cool" and they love attention.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Fred_Bear Lorekeeper

I'm guessing the Group said to him "Dude, are you even nuking? You should be at 50% mana by now!" and he's sitting there at 95% saying BRB.

To be fair I'd prefer a caster nuke enough to stay around 80% mana. Enough to go BURN mode on a named or bad pull if needed, but not so high that they ever hit 100% while in combat or between mobs.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  5. Karreck Somebody

Fixed it for ya
    Duder and Lejaun like this.
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

This is the answer. Burning hard enough to maintain a reserve in the tank if you need it.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

Why do you keep bringing up that POS vaporware?
    Karreck likes this.
  8. Lejaun Augur

I've always looks at caster mana as the groups "Get out of jail card" when you have too many creatures or need to burn one specific one down fast.
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

"Burn mode" really isn't.

You also want to be cycling your abilities unless your group is unable to kill a named without burning.

That said, if you're playing right, mana shouldn't be terribly hard to come by for any caster in the modern game.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Numiko Augur

Then there are the people who when the Cleric say "oom! medding" immediately run out and pull another mob .. or six.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Maybe they have colour-blindness to blue? (they don't, these people are known colloquially as a**clowns).
    Numiko likes this.
  12. Machen New Member

Yep. As long as the caster never hits 100%, and is going low enough to use harvest etc every time they refresh, then it really doesn't matter whether they are sitting at 80%, 60% or 40% most of the time. A guy could be bouncing between 60 and 80 and burning exactly as a hard as the guy that is bouncing between 0 and 20.
    Laronk and Tweakfour17 like this.
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

Maybe they are just trying to push through the pain barrier to see what they are really made of?
  14. MMOer Augur

yes... also should be able to hid your dmg from parses... but this is old game design.

perhaps pantheon will be smart enough to allow personal player privacy.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

I hear lev is disabled in Pantheon's Plane of Fire.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I doubt anyone needs to worry about seeing their groupmates mana in Pantheon.
    Accipiter likes this.
  17. Ultrazen Augur

Well....if you're playing a wizard in classic, other people being halfwits may not be the actual problem.
  18. HoodenShuklak Augur

Well how else are you going to get planar gear then?
  19. Domniatric Augur

Anyone with a mana bar should be soloing.
  20. Demetri Augur

I still want to know why we don't have a function so that I can hide whether or not I'm wearing pants from others.
    klanderso likes this.