Drunkard's Stein sippy cup

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sobmre, May 18, 2021.

1. Sobmre Augur

think it could be possible to add a few more port in locations to this in the brewers building in pok, every time i use it there are 15 other toons afk right at the port in spot. It's pretty annoying

Thanks,
    Elyssanda likes this.
  2. Coronay Augur

Be careful what you wish for. They may add West Karana as port location.
    Jennre likes this.
  3. Sobmre Augur

i meant as in the same building not all over the world
  4. Warpeace Augur

Just move the location to an open space in PoK.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Outside a bar rather than actually in it would make more sense.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Why is it a problem that the port-in is stuffed, its not like you get stuck or anything?

and the stein should make you max drunk, unless you have high alcohol-tolorance... :p
    Skuz and Moege like this.
  7. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Counterproposal:

If anyone is there on port in, you have a random chance to spill their beer. This requires a drunken duel. If you lose, you must remain on the floor for 12 Norrath hours. Naturally, the larger your character, the more beers you could potentially spill.
    Jumbur likes this.
  8. Sobmre Augur

when there is 15 toons sitting on the same spot it lags while they and the mounts all load. then you there get stuck in side a pile or pushed off to the side. ether way its 1-2 mins id like back in my play time
  9. Jumbur Improved Familiar

On my computer, it just means that the 15 chars are untextured and grey for a few seconds(without any notable lag).
    I think there are some advanced graphic options you can fiddle with.
    Try to enable "stream item textures" and set memory mode to "most memory usage".
  10. Tucoh Augur

Move it to the top of the pok library
  11. HoodenShuklak Augur

Not an issue on Selo!
    Andarriel likes this.
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

NP here either and im on FV never had a problem with moving or anything and fv is one of the heaviest played servers. Some people complain bout the dumbest stuff. I mean they could move the port spot but thats not gonna fix anything.

Andarriel
  13. Moege Augur

Add a bouncer npc, more than 10 people in the bar throw them outside!
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Flatchy Court Jester

Put in a two drink minimum, If they dont buy they get the boot!
    Skuz and Moege like this.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Not seen a problem with this spot on AB, even when half the raid port there after an abort call and hit their steins to gate out.
  16. Jumbur Improved Familiar

A raid-evac is a bad example, as most of the present characters will already be cached. Hitting lobby-throne-gate would be a better example. Freezing the game for 2 mins is not normal behavior though.
  17. Sobmre Augur

never said move the spot, i said add more spots that you have a change to port in too.
  18. Warpeace Augur

care to be more specific?
  19. FrozenWater Augur

Already implemented. Spot #2 is the soul binder. The port clicky is an easy farm in the bazaar. Have fun adventurer!
    Elyssanda likes this.
  20. Jennre Band Leader

Simple solution, if someone remains on the port in spot, they get instantly gibbed when someone else ports in (quake style). I bet a few of those would make people move asap. haha
    Elyssanda likes this.