Feature Request: Visible Experience Bonus/Rate

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nobildus, May 15, 2021.

1. Nobildus Journeyman

So, to clarify, you think seeing the LotD buff icon, reading that it says your exp is doubled, and deciding to use it for exp gain or not, demystifies the game?
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Baiting.

That's clearly not what I meant at all & you know it.
  3. Nobildus Journeyman

No, I don't. that's why I am asking. If one knows that the LotD buff doubles the experience, what is the difference between seeing it displayed on a stat sheet vs. in the buff window? To me there is no difference, so why not have it displayed, along with other modifiers that we know are affecting us on as a stat?
    And in terms of min/maxing, if one can double their exp gain, regardless of how long it's doubled, everyone is going to choose to double their gain. It's not a choice at all to decide to want more exp or less.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Oh come on you are clearly conflating.

Seeing the specifics of XP is completely different to the knowledge that a LoTD doubles your XP gain.

You don't need to know what the exact XP structure is prior to clicking LoTD to know it doubles your XP.

Stop playing dumb
  5. Yteran Lorekeeper

Current exp bonuses are as follows:

2 players: 20%
    3 players: 40%
    4 players: 60%
    5 players: 80%
    6 players: 80% but the 6th person's exp is created out of thin air

2 players: Each person gets 60% of what they'd get on a solo kill
    3 players: Each person gets 46.6%
    4 players: Each person gets 40%
    5 players: Each person gets 36%
    6 players: Each person gets 36%

I think it wouldn't be a BAD feature to have it on the score sheet, but I also don't think it's a necessary one.

What I would really like to see is clarity regarding ZEM and a database that shows the true exp value of a given mob type in a given zone. The latter is probably not something DBG will ever provide, however.
  6. Zarkdon Augur

What I'd like to see more than any of this is the amount of experience "points" I get when I kill a mob, with the amount of experience points I need to go from level x to level x+1.

Like how it works in Heroes of Might and Magic (the other 20 year old game I still waste too much of my life on).
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I still play HoMM3 every other day. Wake of Gods mod was a fantastic development.
    Zarkdon likes this.
  8. Zarkdon Augur

Have you tried Horn of the Abyss mod? They did a fantastic job with that one.

I'll have to try Wake of the Gods.