Old Raids (HoT, Under, etc) player mins

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lothloran, May 12, 2021.

1. Lothloran New Member

Please. By Merlin's Beard. By Odin's Spear. By Jesus' sandal, by all the Gods, real and imaginary; by the belly of Buddha. PLEASE make the minimum player requirement 3 instead of 6 on old raid content. I don't care if mercs are allowed or not, prefer they were, but please man. Everyone runs around with 3-4 alts and a healer merc on Vox and no one wants to group up to do old content for the sake of the achievements/rewards. I want the ant mount for 100% completing the underfoot achievements, and I can't do it because I can't find 5 other people to do level 80 content with me.

Please consider lowering the number of people required for content at least up to HoT, if not RoF.

Sorry if this is the wrong subforum to leave feedback in, I've literally never done this before.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Or, just log make 2-3 lv 1 characters on your alt accounts, invite them to group. Then log off and log in your other toons, and magically you can get a raid instance!
    Tatanka likes this.
  3. Thunderkiks Augur

Is this still going to work after the patch?
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why would it be changing? This has worked for years already and no indication that it is going to be changing.
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Fenthen and Sprooce like this.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

The restriction does seem silly. If you can kill the content with 1 character then you should be able to create the instance with 1 character. Put another way, the access should be gated by the content, not some arbitrary number.
    Fenthen, Sprooce and Jumbur like this.
  7. Thunderkiks Augur

From the test patch notes

- Merged groups will no longer include offline members in the creation of a new group. They will need to be invited to the group again if they log back in.

Not sure if this will remove them when they log out or not? That's why I'm asking.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is different, if you merge two existing groups together and is not talking about individually inviting members to a group and having them log off. At least from what I am reading offline members will still be in a group unless two groups merge to form a single one.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  9. Thunderkiks Augur

Ok, cool. Thanks!
  10. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I went back to Convorteum to finish off the Grand Slam achievement recently, and found that after 2-boxing events 1-4, I couldn't do event 5 because it would reset after 60 seconds of me only having 2 players in zone. It seems the script requires 6 players still in the area to prevent reset.

After about an hour of asking in guild, discord and general I was able to get 2 other 2-boxes to come out to Convorteum to sit AFK in the area. This was by far the longest part of completing all of the achievements in that raid zone.

I'd really like to see all raid requests and scripts only require 1 player to function unless there is some mechanical function of the raid that requires multiple players. But these arbitrary restrictions are annoying.

All that being said, this is a pretty low priority compared to lag and class balance concerns.
    Jumbur likes this.
  11. FranktheBank Augur

I thought unstable creation required a few bodies to trigger as well?
  12. Chaosflux Augur

It requires 6 to activate the script unless they changed it again (having lowered it from 18 to 6 in 2017)