Should we be able to hide our mana bars from others?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HoodenShuklak, May 17, 2021.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

Honestly it should be an option for casters (wizards especially) to hide their Mana bars from others.

I don't need some halfwit telling me what % Mana I SHOULD be at.
    Fcseven XIII likes this.
  2. Pagan New Member

Who hurt you?
    Jhinx likes this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If they bug you about your mana and you are able to hide it they would likely just keep asking you what it was at and why you are hiding it.
    Niskin and Barder-mangler like this.
  4. Lejaun Augur

If people are bugging you about having too much or too little mana, there are two possibilities. You could be slacking and need to step it up, or you are doing just fine and should just group with people who won't micromanage you.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  5. wade_watts Augur

I can get behind this. I also think we should be able to hide our HP from others. If I'm about to die, that's between me and my diety - these groups don't need to be harvesting all of my personal info
    andross77, Pinbin and Duder like this.
  6. Elabone Augur

Wizards already afk more often than not. Now you want to be able to afk without me knowing if you're actually oom. That seems silly.
    Duder likes this.
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

8. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

Please enjoy this thread on the subject from 2004.

9. Sycopata Elder

Every one love group with Full mana Wizards or mages, i love specialy the ones who just stand up for deplete his mana with one mob and go back to netflix, wizards and mages are a nice class with ruined reputation from some players, specialy wen wizards can doo more than nuke, like CC.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd rather be able to hide my spell casts and DPS.

Others seeing my mana helps me receive twitches, mod rods and later on miracles.
  11. Sepulchre New Member

We all know melee characters cannot micro AFK without the group instantly noticing and often call it justifiably out. They just stand there not beating the mob and it can get annoying if this keeps on occurring. The mana bar is some sort of similar ability to measure one's activity, equally annoying for a group to go hard at it and having a mage or wiz at full mana for extended periods of time.

But I get the point of the OP, a constantly out of mana Wizard is not necessarily a display of good play, on the contrary. And nobody should call you out on that unless you are indeed AFK a lot.
  12. Chaosflux Augur

The dps meter shows instantly if they aren't pulling their weight so idk what you mean
  13. brickz Augur

this is funny because almost everything people asked for eventually got added, although the /faction window took 16 years from that post
  14. Sepulchre New Member

I don't think everyone is checking parses on PUG's to see how players are carrying their weight. I just described that for melee players the visual indication is standing there not attacking and for casters people often look at the mana bar. Whether that is correct or not is for each to decide but it does happen.
  15. Duder Augur

GG
    Karreck likes this.
  16. Iyacc Augur

Is it a HIPAA violation if they can see your health info without your consent?
    Bardy McFly and wade_watts like this.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

In the Grand Library of New Taanan there is probably a ledger full of all the bad ideas ever conceived.

This one is in there somewhere.
    Duder and Karreck like this.
  18. Beimeith Lord of the Game

A bigger question is why my berserker constantly sits at 99.5% endurance despite my spamming every ability he has as soon as it's up...
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

What's with all the troll threads these days?
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The main answer is you are not killing fast enough. or using major disciplines constantly :p
    In a really fast paced group I do lose endurance steadily.

But also because Sap is great, and it's not until you are cycling Alliance on raids alongside your spam abilities & major discs that you start seeing endurance deplete fairly quickly.